AG#3 Aussie/NZ Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkin Escobar

Reaction score
Im looking to brew a pale ale with some Summer/Galaxy hops Ive got.
Something along the line of the Marston's Pedigree New World if has anyone has had before.
I only ever brew to the 10l mark, got my grain sorted using just Maris Otter to give me around 3.5% ish mark around 1800g I think, I could be mistaken.

Should I use both or just the one hop? Ive got 100g of each. I'm looking to nail down the hop schedule on this one to maximise the flavour, want this to be a really fruity/floral beer. Any suggestions to get the best out of these hop/s.

I'm doing something quite similar in a couple of days, but with Galaxy and Kohatu hops. My recipe size is 21 litres.

Starting gravity on mine is 1.042. No hops in the boil, just 75g of each at flameout (so that's 7g per litre of hops), let sit for 20 minutes then cool as fast as I can. I'll add the remaining 25g of each as dry hops for 3 days.

Should yeild a really easy drinking tropical fruit bomb. I tend to use US-05 yeast to really accentuate the hops, but you'll need to watch the attenuation I regularly get 81-83% with it, and with such a low OG, you might risk drying it out too much. High mash temp, and a characterful base malt (MO for example) and maybe a pinch of crystal malt should help with that.

Here's a link to my recipe:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/66552/look-a-baby-panda-

Of course, that's not the only way to do it, but if you want the full character of the hops, then you definietly need to be employing some kind of huge flame-out addition along with dry hopping, IMO.

Back