AG Brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'd do the ones left in my shed. I got a belgian of some sort and a John bull ale,I also have at least 2 tins of coopers dark malt. If I was to buy any more it would be coopers stout and maybe a Wilko wheat.

Itona Products 'Kwoffit' lager. I don't make lager because, er, I can't make lager. Or more specifically, I can't be arsed. That kit, despite the comical name and add-a-kilo-of-sugar instructions made a cracking, incredibly clean beer on a par with the best available commercially. Seriously. I have no idea what became of them.

Of the modest number of kits I've done, in order:
Youngs AIPA
Youngs NWS
Coopers stout
Brewferm Grand Cru (got a few of these that were brewed just over a year ago and they are very good. Doesn't rate higher only because at nearly 8% ABV it's not an everyday pint)

I'm afraid that I thought that Woodford Wherry was very ordinary indeed

Wherry gets my vote too, it does need a good long time to condition though: brewed my last one 5 months ago and it's now tasting great.

Cwtch is another great kit but a completely different style. And of course the Brewferm Belgian kits: I still make these regularly.

I enjoyed the Muntons Premium kits when I first started brewing but I recently did an Old Conkerwood and it's a bit disappointing if I'm honest.

It'd me a toss up for me between a modified Wilko's Golden Ale 1 can kit, or a Youngs AIPA kit. Both produced delicious beer. The modified Wilko's cerveza kit came out rather nice too, but is just beaten to the post by those 2.

I find wherry bland and insipid.

Either cwtch or Woodfordes Wherry.

Had both direct from the breweries and really enjoyed them.

Just look out for a AG recipe for them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cooper's Stout, or Cooper's Sparkling Ale. The Sparkling Ale, if you follow the instructions from their website, is the best I ever got a kit to taste.

Wherry here too.

I only ever did 2 kits, but the Wherry was head and shoulders above the other one!

Itona Products 'Kwoffit' lager. I don't make lager because, er, I can't make lager. Or more specifically, I can't be arsed. That kit, despite the comical name and add-a-kilo-of-sugar instructions made a cracking, incredibly clean beer on a par with the best available commercially. Seriously. I have no idea what became of them.

JHC.. thats a blast from the past. Nothing wrong with your memory, even after 2 weeks un:mrgreen:conscious

I would probably go for one of those Coopers Stouts with anything fermentable and brown chucked in.

This happened to me recently and I chucked on a Cwtch and a Woodforde's Bure Gold. The Cwtch is the better of the two and very good by kit standards.

Back