Aleman's Effin Imperial 4/12/09By MD

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry forgot to put that!
I had 1.108 into the Fv's Hence not reducing down to 38 ltr!
Yes We did try the wort and it's amazing!
Can't wait for next xmas or the xmas after that and the one after that!
Nobody but me is drinking this unless My palm get's crossed with £35 per pint :grin:

And sparging took an hour and half! Started at 9am with hlt on and finished at 5pm this evening with brewery cleaned up and put away!

My ic did Excellent! 45ltr from 99.7c to 30c in 25 mins whilst recircing with the pump as well rather than stirring Could of ran longer but time was getting on. So left in boiler to settle out for 20 mins whilst cleaned up then ran into fv's then rehydrated yeasts and eat dinner then pitched yeasts at 25c

How long is this to be laid down for??? 6 months a year???
Hefty old brew!!!! :)

Generally I lay mine down for 12 months in keg . . . then bottle . . . and give it another 12 months . . . . and it improves for several years after than . . . just had the last bottles of a batch I made in 1997 . . . sublime

I'm giving it a year at least in the two Cornies, the 14 bottles extra bottles will be locked away for 5+ years or when I remember about them again or clear out the loft!

36 hrs in and we have lift off!

DSCF0105.jpg

told you . . . told you . . .. told you. . . . . Ner Ner . . . I told you

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Did I mention I told you!

What is it with you and having stouts that crawl across the room? Looks like a result and a half :thumb:

Yeah the binbag was useful ;), not quite the same result as yours but I did start it off a bit cooler (cold during the daytime, maybe as low as 12C in the house)

Well had a check on gravity on this one today, she's at 1.042. And I can't see this big debate on refrectometers being no good after pitching yeast. Mine said it was 16.5 brix ish, go to beersmith use the tool for fermenting wort add your start gravity and you get 1.042. Now I chucked in a Brand new Hydrometer I just brought cos people got me worried and it's telling me 1.040 ish. Pfft back to just the refractometer! I'm not crying over 0.002 points.

Ok Aleman what's up??
Checked the gravity again and it's hardly moving now it's @1.040 which is a little high to keg. I've roused the yeast and also pitched a half pack between the 2 Fv's but it doesn't look like it wants to move anymore?

muddydisco said:
Ok Aleman what's up??
Checked the gravity again and it's hardly moving now it's @1.040 which is a little high to keg.
:hmm: What Yeast strain? . . . What was the Mash Temp?

I've had a look back over the thread and you don't mention it. . . . 63% is low for most yeast attenuations . . . you should be looking at at least 70% . . . Mine (using Nottingham) achieved 76% . . . With just a rouse . .. might have a look at what its sat at now . . .Whats the temperature . . . you might want to warm it up for the tail end of the fermentation.

Mash was 67c as per your Pm ;)
Of course I used notty 2x 11g in each FV.
Temp has been sat @ 20c in the box, wort was around 24 at high krausen but has now tailed of to 20c.

Finally :party: We have signs of life. Went with a wine yeast for high alcohol content. It's off and walking again.
Now the question is will the wine yeast take the FG lower than the expected 1.026 that the Nottingham should of gone down to? If so by how much :wha: it wouldn't go to 1.009 would it????? :shock:

Now the question is will the wine yeast take the FG lower than the expected 1.026 that the Nottingham should of gone down to? If so by how much it wouldn't go to 1.009 would it?????
It could do, and it's quite important that you don't let it. You need the residual sweetness to balance the beer. If you let the yeast go all the way your beer could be unbalanced.
I hope it's behaving itself md

I need Help :eek:
Had a cheeky taste tonight with eddie :nono: It's too good to leave in the dark on it's own. Can I drink it now :pray: Please :pray:

Latest posts

Back