Aleman's Effin Imperial 4/12/09By MD

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spotted, you look to have the same make Garage Roller Shutter door as us... does yours complain if you put stuff within a meter of it and not shut?

Nice brewday btw too ;)

No my shutter will close with things with an inch of it :thumb:
I'm trying to leave it alone but it's hard!!!!

MD...NO LOOK AWAY FROM THE DARK

no good will come from it :nono: you'll only get yourself into trouble..

can't wait to be in the same room....keep quite we'll creep up from behind... :whistle:

alien.gif

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cheeky taste? What stage is it at - did you halt fermentation? Is it in secondary - or was this from the bottles?

Did you prime it, or is this one to be unprimed because of the length of time 'laying down'?

So many questions :D

Tony It a stout that was brewed in Dec, it's conditioning at 10c for over a year if not two, in 2 cornies. Didn't Halt fermentation had problems getting it to go all the way, Got it to 1.027, No priming just kegged. Will force carb if I need to later but it's looking good last night and tastes wonderful. So much so there's another Uber imperial Stout going on soon for another 1yr laydown :thumb:

Have to admire that! I seriously doubt that I could keep my hands off it for long, not to mention finding the room to store it. It looks absolutely beautiful though!

I saw that you were planning to put some in bottles, did you prime those?

I'm really tempted!

May do after a year though... I read somewhere a while back that some chap never primes his brews and says that after 6 months or so it is carbonated.

I'll believe that when I see it. Just wondered as I had a ginger beer bottle explode - but it was my fault as I'd left it in the shed where sunlight could hit it.

I had two bottles of the '97 vintage of this beer earlier this year, which were not primed, and even after 12 years the amount of carbonation in the bottle was exceptionally low. The '08 vintage has been primed however, but at a very low level (16g in 9L) . . . the other issue is that as its a 10%abv beer the yeast is pretty knackered and possibly not able to carbonate . . . So you also have to reseed with fresh yeast as well. . . . I used 0.1g/l . . . That was bottled in January and I am yet to taste any, it won't really be ready for drinking until Christmas this year, and will probably be at its best around 2015/2016.

Ah yes, I never considered the high alcohol content!
Aleman said:
and will probably be at its best around 2015/2016.

I just can't see that far ahead I'm afraid .. and I'm way too impatient! :D

Sorry Aleman, Have earmarked one of the two kegs to be opened this winter :) tastes too good to leave completely alone :lol:

Eventually Id like to make a beer like this one. What can I do to make sure that this doesnt happen? I listened to the Brew Strong high gravity series and they said something about putting chemicals in the fv to control the krausen, but I wasnt sure what they were talking about. Any other tips?

muddydisco said:
36 hrs in and we have lift off!

DSCF0105.jpg

I have a couple of 30L fermenters, but Id rather just use one. How much wort do you think I can fit in there?

Anyone know anything about these fermentation control chemicals that keep krausen down?

I haven't heArd of these chemicals?
If your thinking of using 30ltr fv's I'd say put 15ltr or less in it!
These were 33ltr fv's and only 20 ltr in each!

i think muddy he had some 60ltr buckets think i seen some on ebay with lids ask him where he got his from loads of room in them :thumb:

Latest posts

Back