All new

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jolly Brewer

Reaction score
Good day all,my first time on any forum.Dabbled with extract kits during lockdowns but no space for a fermentation fridge,so results not great fermenting on kitchen table.
Soon to move into a house with a garage and will shortly give all grain a go.
Looking forward to new experiences and beer banter. 🍺

G'day @Jolly Brewer and welcome.
You don't need a fermentation fridge at this time of the year. You'd be surprised or how well you can control the temperature with a couple of bath towels or an old quilted jacket. Fermentation produces its own heat, so once you've got it going it's just a matter of keeping it fairly steady. Get a strip thermometer to stick on the side of your fermenter and you'll be well away.

G'day @Jolly Brewer and welcome.
You don't need a fermentation fridge at this time of the year. You'd be surprised or how well you can control the temperature with a couple of bath towels or an old quilted jacket. Fermentation produces its own heat, so once you've got it going it's just a matter of keeping it fairly steady. Get a strip thermometer to stick on the side of your fermenter and you'll be well away.
Ah! Everyday a school day.On my first extract kit I came home from work and it was 32c in kitchen, I kept the kit going but was put down the drain on first taste.

Latest posts

Back