Another major incident in london

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence was meant by this question, I was just curious as to the replies.
It's interesting that the positive replies from this question come from the people who post positively on the subject, with the exception of Gunge (but then he appears to reward a kind hearted muslim friend by feeding them pork scratchings, so not sure that counts). I think that in general this is evidence that integration is more helpful than segregation. Segregation leads to extreme views on either side.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I have spent some time living in the Middle East and I know they can be the most generous and hospitable people on the planet, but I still think our two cultures are incompatible.

Like I said, segregation leads to extreme views on either side.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

My Muslim pal referred to earlier wouldn't eat pork. One day I gave him some pork scratchings which he thought were amazing until I told them what they were. Much theatrics and forced vomiting followed. I guess I would have reacted the same if he'd duped me into necking sheep's eyeballs, but that wouldn't have had anything to do with religious leanings.

Some friend!

I agree with you, If I was in the snug of my local pub and I came across such intolerant views of other cultures and religions I would walk out leaving the people to their own prejudices.
It's not malice at these ideas just basic fairness and tolerance, common sense and prejudice do not belong together!
I have total respect for my nextdoor neighbours CAT as it sits in my back garden and doesn't bother my rabbits but see that other up the street I would rather it disappeared (if you know what I mean)[emoji12]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Thanks for explaining.

I was christened but am not a practising Christian and i have friends who are Catholic how often do you think we discuss religion (clue never) if a Muslim moved in next door why would we have differences too great to overcome?

I was christened as well but I'm Catholic.How can that be?

Did you give him the pork scratchings knowing (or even suspecting) it might be an issue for him?

Certainly! It's called a practical joke and they usually cause issues for the recipient, though only temporarily. Once he'd begged ( and received) forgiveness from Allah he was as right as rain. In turn he forgave me and we were soon pals again. I don't think he ever considered blowing me up as some form of divine retribution.

Dunno. I was christened too and during the ceremony the ham-fisted vicar dropped me head-first into the font. Probably explains my view on religion.

I was gonna treat the missus to the Bat Out Of Hell musical ( she's nuts for that) but not now. I supposes the chances of getting caught up the inevitable next attack are miniscule in the extreme, but it shows the power of fear.
That's the whole idea of fear as it grips you,you then bend to their will as these people want to continue employing chaos, mayhem,havoc and death and with today's media at hand it's done in minutes not hours, days or weeks.
Anyone that grew up in Northern Ireland over the troubles will tell you that but terrorism is leach called fear but don't let that take hold or it will bring you to your knees.
My children shall never know the true extent of what it was like to be a child of the troubles but the mental scars it has left behind has affected all and there is still the threat looming in the background of the hardliners who don't want peace but we still have to get on with our daily lives.

That's the whole idea of fear as it grips you,you then bend to their will as these people want to continue employing chaos, mayhem,havoc and death and with today's media at hand it's done in minutes not hours, days or weeks.
Anyone that grew up in Northern Ireland over the troubles will tell you that but terrorism is leach called fear but don't let that take hold or it will bring you to your knees.
My children shall never know the true extent of what it was like to be a child of the troubles but the mental scars it has left behind has affected all and there is still the threat looming in the background of the hardliners who don't want peace but we still have to get on with our daily lives.

As you say there is still a threat there in NI and it may,no probably will never go away totally.
Extremist Islamic problems are getting worse all the time here.The IRA couldn't be stopped(only by appeasement) so i don't see this lot being stopped either,infact i can(alas) see things getting far far worse.
Unfortunatly we have (in my mind) far too many do gooders and liberalists who think we should take even more so called refugee's into the country and welcome them in with open arms:nono:.I am not only talking about Muslim's here , i am talking about all and sundry.
I fear for my kids future,i really do and even more so for my grandchildren.

I thought Catholics were Baptised not christened i stand corrected if this is not the case.

Edit to add - A quick search later -
The terms "to be baptised" and "to be christened" have the same meaning and you may use either. They belong together.

My point still stands if a Muslim moved in next door (as the earlier posts says) "why would we have differences too great to overcome" why would we discuss each others religion over the garden fence?

I thought Catholics were Baptised not christened i stand corrected if this is not the case.

Edit to add - A quick search later -
The terms "to be baptised" and "to be christened" have the same meaning and you may use either. They belong together.

My point still stands if a Muslim moved in next door (as the earlier posts says) "why would we have differences too great to overcome" why would we discuss each others religion over the garden fence?
Ohhhhhhhhh s##t!
i was baptised but
i aint a catholic i'm a christian
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:lol::lol::lol:

As you say there is still a threat there in NI and it may,no probably will never go away totally.
Extremist Islamic problems are getting worse all the time here.The IRA couldn't be stopped(only by appeasement) so i don't see this lot being stopped either,infact i can(alas) see things getting far far worse.
Unfortunatly we have (in my mind) far too many do gooders and liberalists who think we should take even more so called refugee's into the country and welcome them in with open arms:nono:.I am not only talking about Muslim's here , i am talking about all and sundry.
I fear for my kids future,i really do and even more so for my grandchildren.
When people mention the troubles in Northern Ireland the IRA are first to spring to mind with people that didn't live here as they took their campaign nationwide and whilst this was happening we had to live with the threat of our own on a daily larger scale from both sides of the community cause if you didn't fall into line,speak out or tout then you were dealt with from either shooting, kneecapping, tarred and feathered, petrol bombed and the list goes on.
There were four main bodies with two being republican and two being loyalist never mind the splinter groups and they are all still there to this very day.
Most people just want to get on with a happy and peaceful life and times are good at the moment even though we have no government as they spit their dummies at the least wee thing.
Since troubles have calmed we have had an almighty upsurge of immigration from Europe,India Asia and as far as the Philippines.
It is a changing world here whether it works and I hope it does as I never want a return to that life again.

It is a changing world here whether it works and I hope it does as I never want a return to that life again.

I remember seeing the soldiers on the street corners the murals on the walls and hearing about the bombings on TV, i have a feeling this will not end the same way as the troubles did.

From BBC News.

A man has been shot by police outside the cathedral of Notre-Dame in Paris after he tried to attack an officer using a hammer, police say.
The suspect has been wounded in the chest, French media report. Officials say this is a "terrorist incident".
Some 900 people are still inside the cathedral. Pictures on social media show some holding their hands up.
France is in a state of emergency since attacks by jihadists in Paris left 130 people dead in 2015.

The area around the cathedral has been closed. People have been asked to stay away. Eyewitnesses said tourists fled for cover.
"I was about to come inside [the cathedral] and heard the noise, the gunshots, turned around and saw the assailant on the ground where they had shot him," said Kellyn Gorman, an American tourist.
"It was very safe, very quickly contained."
The Notre-Dame is one of the most visited tourist sites in Paris. Last year, police foiled an attack near the site.
The incident comes just three days after extremists used a van and knives in an attack in London which left seven dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back