anyone used The Malt Miller?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried a few stores and try to share my purchasing about, However over the last few months more and more supplies have been coming from Rob. Quality is always top notch and next day (to fit in with a rotating day off) has never been a problem . Another thing i like too he is always looking for new items to tease us with . Last one i found on his site Pure Hop Oils wow what a product no bitterness no flavour masses of aroma . Excellent service, excellent products Cheers

10 out of 10. I have had 3 orders from Rob so far and could not ask for better service.

I had a problem with PayPal for my last order as they stopped my account for some random security check and wanted me to fax proof of who I was such as my passport. With all the scams in the world there was no chance I was going to fax this but not a problem, called Rob and payed by card. Although its online its good that there is someone to speak to if something happens.

And.... He specially ordered a yeast for me which saves me using somewhere just for yeast which I normally end up doing :thumb:

I e-mailed asking about the availability of this yeast and he replied insanely fast and was quite helpful

So, if you're looking for White Labs yeast in the UK, def check his site out

I only buy my ingredients from Rob. Best service and best ingredients. I still need to go else where for the sundries but for malt, hops and yeast... Malt Miller all the way :thumb:

And this is why I needed to join this forum. It's threads like this that will go a long way for a brewer new to the country. I've checked a lot of sites for my supplies. I've tried the pitiful few places near(ish) me. I thought I was doing well buying my base malts straight from the maltster. But after seeing these reviews and checking out the site, I find that even with delivery it's only slightly more than the base price per sack - which I'd either have to drive to pick up or pay a much steeper price for shipping.

I will certainly give this shop a try. Based on what I am seeing though, it seems I am back in business as usual. Great prices on yeast, base grain, specialty grain and hops. Assuming the delivery he uses can find my house this should work out well.

When I first moved over I was going to brew up a partial mash and extract batch, long before our shipping container arrived. So I ordered from one of the online brew stores and never received the order or notice from them. When I called I got a rude response. Needless to say I canceled my order and never bothered with them. It turned out that their delivery service couldn't find my home so returned it to sender. I would have expected some kind of notice from the shipper, I chalked it up to cultural differences. At any rate that was the ONLY time in the last 18 months I've had a problem with something being delivered here.

Oh yeah, thank you all for this thread. I will certainly be using this retailer and likely no one else.

Wife has just checked the online Premium Bonds draws for this month.

None of us own very many, and the bottom prize has now been reduced to £25.

This month, as most months, Wife gets nothing, Mother gets nothing, Son gets nothing.

However, Darling Daughter gets £25, which will immediately get spent on clothes.
Darling Daughter's favourite hobby is shopping.

Mole gets 2 x £25 :D :clap: :thumb: :party:

Darling Daughter thinks I should share it :twisted:

I agree, I think I will give it to Rob :cheers:

Just seen this on Robs site............Lol :party: :party:

Christmas-Promotion-Now-10-off.jpg

For Tight Yorkshiremen Only :whistle: :whistle:

Just a heads up, I am doing a Whitelabs order tomorrow/Friday. If anyone wants anything out of the ordinary/cider/wine yeast, brett or anything else Whitelabs sell just let me know and I can add it to the order.

Cheers

Rob.

P.S. No you don't get a discount if you come from Barnsley!

Yes a decent cider yeast, however I did manage to culture one up from a bottle of Westons cloudy cider.

+1,000 for the recommendations for Rob and The Malt Miller.

No need to go anywhere else.

Take care
Jon.

Hi,used TMM about 6-7 times in the last 4 months.delivery always within 2 days and normally before 8.00 am.if it is a full sack of malt the guy takes it in the house as well.TMM is only about 25 miles or so from me but delivery costs are very reasonable so i have everything delivered.Full marks to Rob for an excellent service.and top products. :cheers: Ken.

You will notice that Rob is now a forum Sponsor. He has a thoroughly well deserved reputation and we are very pleased to welcome him on board :clap: Please continue to support our forum sponsors :thumb:

Latest posts

Back