Bulldog yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombo

Reaction score
Anyone on here used Bulldog universal ale yeast B1?
Is it any good and does anyone know if it's just a re-badged yeast from another supplier, I think I was given it at some point and just wondering if it's worth using? Thanks

Is it any good and does anyone know if it's just a re-badged yeast from another supplier, I think I was given it at some point and just wondering if it's worth using? Thanks
Why not give it a try and report back.

Why not give it a try and report back.
If I don't get any favourable replies I think I'm more likely to just bin it. Don't want to risk wasting a 6hr brewday and all the ingredients.

There's only a handful of OEMs for dry yeast, so any "minor" supplier will be rebadging. The Bulldog range and pack size are suspiciously similar to Mangrove Jack so I'd assume MJ are packaging for them.

If I don't get any favourable replies I think I'm more likely to just bin it. Don't want to risk wasting a 6hr brewday and all the ingredients.
CML yeast is so good and so well priced, I think I agree.

Other forums seem to think it's a bit neutral not bringing much flavour.

6 hour brewdays.. yikes I remember those.

Maybe brew with a normal yeast and pull 5L off into a demijohn (or supermarket 5L water bottle) with the bulldog yeast and fermented separately. At least that way you'll know what it was like

Here's a starting point:
http://www.bulldogbrews.co.uk/products/bulldog-beer-yeast/b1-universal-ale-yeast.htmlThe description puts me in mind of this one. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the same stable:
1702554031422.png

Last edited:
Are they still selling Bulldog yeasts? If so, who sells them?

Back