Apple blossom wine anyone?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggerluggs

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a nice apple tree that needs some blossom thinning out a bit (want less apples but bigger this year), so thought perhaps I'd try an apple blossom wine with what I take off. But,. I can't find a recipe anywhere :wha: is there good reason for this? Does it taste grim!

If I decided to go for it and try a gallon batch, would you base it on a dandelion wine recipe? Any advice would be appreciated as a noobie.

Ta :D

There are 2 established flower wines which can give good results: roses and elderflower, because they have fragrance and are non toxic. I can find no recipe for apple blossom, which certainly has no fragrance. I'm sure that it has been tried and I have tried various flower recipes which were a waste of time and effort.

Apple blossom does have a fragrance, however it's very slight.

Apples are from the rose family (plums, quinces, strawberries, blackberries) so the rosepetal wine recipe should work for apple blossom. However since the fragrance is so slight you would need several times as many petals, so you would have to use the late addition method (i.e. add the petals five days into the fermentation). Even then you'd probably need a gallon of flowers, perhaps more.

Latest posts

Back