Best commercial beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment my local Tesco sell sierra Nevada pale ale and anchor steam beer....although they're small servings I don't think much else can beat these as far as my pallete's current preference is concerned

I've only ever had one bottle, but I loved it - Brewdog's Alice Porter. I absolutely loved it.

Too many to mention, but our local M&S are beginning to stock some very tasty beers. Local to us (Leeds) they've got cans of Northern Monk's brews and Vocation's. Grabbed an Adnams laid back IPA in there tonight too and a four pure. All very nice indeed.

Had to Post this after sampling our local brewers (Northern Monk, Leeds) 'Heathen IPA' at their do last night. 7.2% of stunning joy!
[URL=http://s17.photobucket.com/user/plusonemag/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160606_215301.jpg.html] [/URL]

Too many to mention, but our local M&S are beginning to stock some very tasty beers. Local to us (Leeds) they've got cans of Northern Monk's brews and Vocation's. Grabbed an Adnams laid back IPA in there tonight too and a four pure. All very nice indeed.

Yup,i wiil second that, the M &S Laid back IPA comes in a can at around £1.75 or thereabouts and is very hoppy,lovely stuff

Elvis Juice from Brewdog
Oh my goodness
What a pronounced taste of hops,swmbo said after i poured it,what is that!
Good though but definitely not a session beer.

Apologies for keeping bumping up my own thread but i had two beers that deserve a mention
Brewdog Hop Fiction Pale Ale, just how much hops can you get into a bottle???
Long White Cloud, very nice indeed.
Cheers

Orval, saison dupont, gavroche, any westvleteren beer, la chouffe, anything from blaugies.

Can I shout out Brain at Baird Beer???? In Japan we are going through so much hell to brew and Brian makes good beers.

Enjoying Amber Adder and The green gecko from the Heatherwood craft beer company.
I am thinking hoped with Amarillo??

I had a bottle of Rodenbach Caractere Rouge recently and it was really special, definitely one of my top beers.

For commercial beers I tend to prefer draught beer at the pub and rarely find bottled beers have the same finish, even thensame beer in bottles. Harveys brewery in Lewes of bonfire night fame Old ale is one of my favourites. When I first discovered it I had to buy two pints at a time as I finished the first before reaching my seat. Another season beer I like in local pubs is called Armada. Other than that there are so many smaller brewery beers in pubs these days its hard to keep track of them, but I have had some real beauties.

I've enjoyed this one. Inbev product.
Jan Hertog - dubbel.
Very, very malty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid I have quite boring and probably commercial tastes. My favourite session beer at the moment is Harvest Pale from Castle Rock brewery in Nottingham. Lager-wise I'd have to say that Freedom's 4% lager is fantastic stuff, but probably pipped by Sharp's Cornish lager, if you can ever find it. Also i was surprised by how good the Sainsburys Taste the Difference Yorkshire Ale was when I tried a bottle the other week. Very nice...

Oh, and Greene King IPA always goes down well at the cricket!

My local coop now sell sierra Nevada pale, Ubu, st peters ruby and Guinness west indies porter.....it would be heaven but my waistline and bank balance are begging to differ!

In no particular order. ..
Deuchars IPA, Tribute, Black Isle Yellow Hammer.at the moment I'm liking Circadian ipa by Ringwood..4 for a fiver at Asda.
But no matter whether draught,can,bottle or out of a shoe I cannot stand Green King IPA..

Regards

Clint

Blandford Flyer by Badgers (Hall and Woodhouse) is great. They balance the ginger very well.

I've been enjoying Hopping Hare by Badgers recently, although it seems to be disappearing off the shelves now before I can get some!

About a year ago I discovered The Gas Lamp Lounge in Louth.

http://www.fulstowbrewery.com/The_Gaslamp_lounge.html

... and "Yes." it does still have gas lamps!

It's home to the Fulstow Brewery who make and sell a variety of beers from the pumps on the bar. Personally, I love their Marsh Mild for the winter so it has to be in my "Top Ten Commercial Beers".

However, what really makes Fulstow Brewery special, is that they also sell AG kits of their beer via the Homebrew Centre in Grimsby.

http://www.homebrewcentregy.com/beer-kits/micro-brewery-full-mash

I made the Marsh Mild kit early on in the year and their Recession Session is conditioning in the garage. It's too early to tell, after only five days, but I tried one today and it looks as if it may join the Marsh Mild in my Top Ten list. :thumb: :thumb:

M&S Mosaic Pale Ale in a 500ml can is super tasty and very hoppy.
I have 100g of Mosaic hops ready to add to a Coopers Lager kit,anyone know if the full lot would be too much?
Ive never used Mosaic before but the taste is amazing from the shop bought version.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back