Best commercial beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are talking beer from the tap in a pub then my favorite commercial beer is carling premiere it reminds me of larger crossed with a bitter like john smiths. Im not a massive fan of fizz and this suits me just fine. However it is getting increasingly harder to find on draft or for that matter its harder to find full stop.

Probably should have titled this thread best commercial bottled beer as there are so many variables in pubs?
Anyway just had a Red McGregor from the Orkney Brewrey, quite nice but not outstanding imo.
And a Goose IPA mmmm

From that Orkney brewery, I've only had the Dark Island, Northern Lights and Dragon Head stout. All of which I think are very nice indeed. Their stout I found very rich, not something I could drink a lot of, but a lovely final pint of the night. Northern Lights I could drink all day long, Dark Island I could drink all night long ☺

For me, it's probably Buxton Axe Edge. That was the beer that changed everything I consider a good beer to be.

For me, it's probably Buxton Axe Edge. That was the beer that changed everything I consider a good beer to be.

But perhaps that's not considered commercial?

Brew Dog 5am Saint? Available in most supermarkets.

Drinking a nice fresh Homebrew, even my mediocre efforts, really challenges a lot of widely available brews. One beer that I always enjoy, even though I wouldn't say it's my favourite style of beer, is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. One small bottle is enough for me, but it always tastes so bloody good :thumb:

I havent tried that, might get some next time I am in Buxton as am planning on nipping up there to get 5 gallons of the water direct from the tap by the fountain :thumb:

Was thinking about this and I reckon my favourite supermarket beer is Harbour IPA available at Sainsbury's for £2 a pop. Big bitterness and lovely citrus flavours. Super drinkable, and in a proper sized bottle!

I had a couple of bottles of Abbot Ale last night in the pub at £3 each and they were really nice. The alternative was Fosters etc, or soda water and lime TBH.

£3 for a bottle of Abbot? And people say Punk IPA is a rip off!

You can get a bottle of Punk in Wetherspoons for £1.99 :-P

The pub is 2 mins from my front door and I've been drinking in there for 20 years, had a night out with the chaps so to speak. It's an Irish pub and does a lovely Guinness and Warsteiner draft. But my recently acquired beer snobbery steered me towards a bottled ale.

Had a craft beer subscription for crimbo, just drunk one called 'f**k art, this is architecture ' most unusual name for a beer I have ever seen!

Just had a bottle of Jennings Sneck Lifter, strong, dark and lovely! Highly recommended.

God, I've been drinking that stuff for a LOOOOOONG time now.... I bet it must be over 20 years now. Still love the stuff. Good choice Brewed Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back