Best commercial beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the last bottle of little creatures ipa I had. Delicious.

My top 5 are probably (in no particular order):
Brooklyn Lager
Anchor Steam Beer
Eden Mill's Kilted Kittock
Williams Bros Birds and Bees
Schiehallion

I don't drink the top 3 much any more because they only come in 330ml bottles and I can't / won't reuse them for bottling my home brew.

Also, why can't any British breweries successfully do a steam beer? I've tried the Deeside Brewery one and a Tesco Revisionist version and both are completely bland, although it's not a surprise for Deeside, every single one of their beers I've tried have been bland

Had a pint of Fallen Brewery's Odyssey Blonde when out the other night.
All I can say is "Wow" this is a new favourite. Must search out a recipe to see if I can clone it.
From their website it appears there is limited availability presently, but definitely worth seeking out

Had a pint of Fallen Brewery's Odyssey Blonde when out the other night.
All I can say is "Wow" this is a new favourite. Must search out a recipe to see if I can clone it.
From their website it appears there is limited availability presently, but definitely worth seeking out

Yeah Fallen Brewing beers are good,I had a keg of Platform C,top stuff although wasn't fussed on the local motive?

I had a Shepherd Neame & Co double stout, Lidl, £1.49 and it was gorgeous. It had a deep chocolate taste that I really liked almost bordering on sweet. Normally I like my stouts bitter and will had a hop tea, coffee and coco powder but this was really nice. Gutted I only bought the one, Patricks Day on Thursday and not a stout in the house......Ah Jaassus.

beer_197979.jpg

I really like the bengali at spoons when in for a cheap bit of food.

Closest comericial beer to young's ipa I've found.

Out with the lads on Monday night and happened across draught sadlers Jack pale ale of which I can only say its nudging the top of my all time favourites if not top.an excellent session citrus PA by a top top local brewing company,highly recommended

I had a Shepherd Neame & Co double stout, Lidl, £1.49 and it was gorgeous. It had a deep chocolate taste that I really liked almost bordering on sweet. Normally I like my stouts bitter and will had a hop tea, coffee and coco powder but this was really nice. Gutted I only bought the one, Patricks Day on Thursday and not a stout in the house......Ah Jaassus.

Nice tipple.

Caught between Rothaus Tannenzapfle and Saison Dupont but there are plenty that are up there.

I don't think Shepherd Neame make a bad pint
Quite partial to their Late Red

Anyone tried any of Cloudwater's exceptional range? Just reviewed the Spring/Summer collection if anyone's interested..

http://plusonemagazine.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/brewed-reviewed-cloudwater-manchester.html

Ah, I must follow you on Instagram as I came across this yesterday! Good write up :thumb:

Only tried the DIPA v3 from their new range so far (amazing!). Not really a huge fan of "craft lager" which seems to make up a lot of their Spring/Summer range. Got a few of the Citra IPA to try when I get a chance, which will be soon hopefully!

I've also got the Lapsang Lichtenhainer as part of "BeerBods Plus" (subscription service) which I wouldn't normally have gone for as I'm a bit of a sour beer newb.

Loved their Autumn Red Ale and IPA though.

I've not posted on here for a while because I have not been brewing the last couple of years.

Noticed this thread in the forum email and thought I would chip in.

I like Orkney's dark island for a dark ale, also Black Douglas by Broughton is good. Harviestoun Bitter and Twisted is a favourite blonde ale.

Ah, I must follow you on Instagram as I came across this yesterday! Good write up :thumb:

Only tried the DIPA v3 from their new range so far (amazing!). Not really a huge fan of "craft lager" which seems to make up a lot of their Spring/Summer range. Got a few of the Citra IPA to try when I get a chance, which will be soon hopefully!

I've also got the Lapsang Lichtenhainer as part of "BeerBods Plus" (subscription service) which I wouldn't normally have gone for as I'm a bit of a sour beer newb.

Loved their Autumn Red Ale and IPA though.

Ezraburke is having a crack at making a clone of DIPA v3 http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=62167&highlight=legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back