Blichmann Beer gun with high carbonation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottM

Landlord.
Reaction score
Has anyone used this piece of kit with higher carbonated beer? I'm thinking about getting one but I'll mostly be bottling beer and fizzy cider. I can see how it would be really effective with lightly sparkling ales, stouts, etc but how does it fare with higher levels?

Make sure everything is very cold and also look into getting a longer beer line and you should be ok.

I've got 5m of 3/16 sitting here and a fridge that happily sits at 0 degrees so I should be good on that front.

Still, it's going to be a 16-20psi brew lol.

I reckon I'll go with a home made one first and see how that goes. I don't fancy spending almost £100 for something that won't work for my style of brew :)

I managed a 20psi brew with some difficulty.
The bottles where warm and so was the gun, I think with practice It would of went alot easier.

Just remember to turn the gas right down and go slowly, as you get to grips with the gun you can go quicker but faster = more foam.

If you where closer I would of lent you mine to play with, alas your all the way up in northern lands.

That's great bud, thanks for the advice :)

I'll give my makeshift one a spin and see what I end up with. Plan is.. party tap, bottle filler, 5m of 3/16 and a bung to fit a bottle lol.

That should give me an idea if it's going to be worthwhile. If it is then I'll go for the proper kit.

Cheers :cheers:

I do it with no issues.

Get everything cold, Gun Bottles, Beer line, Beer, keep some top pressure on the keg or foam will break out of solution, I find 5m of 3/16 is great for up to 20psi (~ 4Vols at 0C, great for turbo cider)

Magic, cheers for the replies folks. I'm looking forward to getting this all up and running.

My first task is to try dispensing straight from the keg via my beer chiller etc.... only from loft to kitchen lol.

After that it'll be bottling with el-cheapo beer gun.

If all goes well my next purchase will be the Blichmann.

Latest posts

Back