bottle cleaning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnmcfarlane

Reaction score
Anyone else use this method. Put bottles in dishwasher, replace tablet with cleaner and steriliser, put on highest temp, voila bottles cleaned, sterilised and dried in one go ready for beer to be put in to them. I use this method everytime and works a treat.

that sounds good, i've been putting them through with the dishwater tab, but never thought about putting sterilising powder in - how much of that do you use?

I really doubt if the bottles are cleaned inside . . .outside yes . . .buty I can't see teh water getting inside the bottles . . . of course if the bottles are already clean inside to start with, it is less of an issue

Great way of sterilising them though as the steam and heat of the drying cycle does a great job! :thumb:

i normally whack them in the dishwasher, but as i bottle them in the garage i have to sterilise again, usually a few weeks later

I take it you are talking beer bottles? I had thought about this with wine bottles, but they are too tall for the top arm to be able to spin round. d'ya think that could be removed for the purpose of a cycle with the bottles in it? washing 30-40 bottles at a time, then sterilising them is an afternoon's work.

Yes beer bottles. But suppose wine bottes woud work if you were to remove top arm. Never use dishwasher tablet though repace it with a heaped tablespoon of steriser and cleaner vwp or youngs or similiar. Washed and steriised thouroughly every time.

Latest posts

Back