Bottles. Advice and Information.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ASDA have 4 bottles for £5...loads to choose from. I just got 12 bottles ,Ringwood circadian ipa,black sheep,Brains dark and a Courage directors..to sample over the weekend! A little over 3 weeks of this behaviour gets enough for a brew! I think I have over 100 now...hic! I want enough to rotate 3 brews plus get another pb to go with the one I haven't used yet.

cheers

Clint

Samuel smiths bottles are pretty bomb proof if you can get them. If you've got a home bargains near you they had banks bitter for 89p and Sadlers for £1.49. Sadlers list the malts and hops on there beers to give you some ideas but the labels are hard to get off I go at them with those stainless steel scrubbers.
Weirdly, I'm only 12 miles from the brewery lol Doubt they'll hand out the bottles though... I'd imagine they are either made specifically for them though so not like I could put a call in to their wholesaler...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I just go to the local and take them out of the recycling. Any of the Swedish cider bottles are good. Labels come easy and the slightly shorter neck means I fit better on my shelves

The staff in my local are more than happy to set aside whatever bottles the breweries don't want back in return for a pint at the end of their shift. Getting them in cases comes in handy too.

I don't really get time to go to the pub, I'm daddy daycare of an evening until the wife gets home at 8.30...

I do live just round the corner from my local though so I'll pop in for a couple of pints and ask the landlord permission to root through his bottle bin...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back