Brew-evening - Lingonberry WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes potassium sorbate. A week isn't very long once you get above a certain abv', keep an eye on the corked bottles as they will pop, keep upright, or on the safe side pour them all out in a dj and add k.sorbate and rebottle. Or drink them all as quickly as possible :)

Hmm I'll have to keep an eye on that then. Won't be able to get to LHBS for a couple of days and I have no KSorb. The wine seemed completely flat and there hasn't been any airlock activity where it was quite vigorous before. I'll just have to hope for the best for now haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's finally done after 6 weeks & 5 days. Finished at 1.034 12.34%. The wee glass of extra tastes good. It also seems fairly clear without adding anything.
Hi,
if you had the full 4.5L of liquid with 1080g sugar, that would be a SG of 1090.
using the calculator at http://www.brewersfriend.com/abv-calculator/
with a FG of 1034, that makes 7.35%. Maybe the GV4 high alcohol yeast was
duff so add some more and a little more nutrient maybe? A slight stir and splash
to add more oxygen? Hopefully it will restart.
GOP

Hi,

if you had the full 4.5L of liquid with 1080g sugar, that would be a SG of 1090.

using the calculator at http://www.brewersfriend.com/abv-calculator/

with a FG of 1034, that makes 7.35%. Maybe the GV4 high alcohol yeast was

duff so add some more and a little more nutrient maybe? A slight stir and splash

to add more oxygen? Hopefully it will restart.

GOP

I don't know but my hydrometer definitely read much higher than 1090 and it tastes stronger than 7.5%. I'm happy with the flavour so as long as the bottles don't explode I'll not worry. I think I'll start with the better yeast next time.

I think I'll start with the better yeast next time.
Can I suggest K1V next time?

Lalvin K1V-1116
(Gervin Varietal 'E', Vintners equivalent not known)
A great swiss-army-knife yeast, which works well in whites and reds, and everything in between. Generally bullet-proof, it will sedately but thoroughly ferment anything in its path, and produces fruity whites and reds. Fine for Wine No.1 or No.2. Keep some in your cupboard. Shorthand is K1V.

Can I suggest K1V next time?

Lalvin K1V-1116

(Gervin Varietal 'E', Vintners equivalent not known)

A great swiss-army-knife yeast, which works well in whites and reds, and everything in between. Generally bullet-proof, it will sedately but thoroughly ferment anything in its path, and produces fruity whites and reds. Fine for Wine No.1 or No.2. Keep some in your cupboard. Shorthand is K1V.

Thanks. I'll check my LHBS, if they don't have it anywhere you could recommend?

Latest posts

Back