Brewery hose help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siscokid85

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Funny question but kind of brewery related. I brew in my garage and I use the garden hosepipe with hozelock fittings for cleaning / rinsing out my all in one as well as supplying the cooling coil. (Dont worry I dont use garden hose for potable water / brewing water, just for cleaning etc)

I am really fed up with the usual hozelock / gardena fittings dripping / leaking or blowing off randomly making a mess in the garage and usually soaking me! The spray heads are just as frustrating and un reliable.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a system or type of fitting that is more reliable / leakproof?? I have tried plastic / brass / metal type hozelock and gardena fittings and they never last more than 6 months or so.

I have seen some called Geka quick-click, which seem decent but have very few reviews.

Thanks in advance for any ideas / help.

I'm still using some cheap fittings bought from Wilko a few years ago.
Cam locks are good..use these extensively in work. Just make sure the seals are seated properly as these can still leak.

My garden hose water comes straight off our water main, so as long as it's well flushed should be safe to drink. If it tastes plasticky though not good to brew with.
I agree with you that the will it leak won't it is very frustrating on those connectors.
Camlocks work well but even then I have one that leaks unless I put an extra rubber washer in.

1678228404261.png

Latest posts

Back