Brewfather - flame out hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubrewworx

Regular.
Reaction score
How can I account for the ibu from flame out / 0 min hops without getting ibu from the previous hop additions (which I remove at flame out) in brewfather?

How can I account for the ibu from flame out / 0 min hops without getting ibu from the previous hop additions (which I remove at flame out) in brewfather?

Not sure how Brewfather handles the IBU's from residual hops after the boil and when cooling..
But, if you wanted to know the IBU effect of your flame out hops in isolation, you could make a dummy recipe with no boil additions and just your flame out hops to calculate the IBU's from these.
Then leave these out of your original BF recipe and make a mental note of what they are...

It's not something I overly worry about , but does this have anything to do with it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-13-09-58-58-703_com.warpkode.brewfather-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-13-09-58-58-703_com.warpkode.brewfather-edit.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 0
When you put the hops into brewfather and select stage of brew it shows the ibu.
This number changes as you select mash hop, boil, time and whirlpool.
Age of hops ( calculator in brewfather for this) and utilisation also affects the IBU.
You don't need to make a dummy recipe just play with the hops in the hop part of brewfather.
Whether the numbers correlate with a real brew is a different matter.
Getting your finished beer analysed is the only guaranteed way I think.

Latest posts

Back