Brupak Colne Valley Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALANJOHN70

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed this beer recently. I have been brewing this beer for years but lately I have had to tip several brews down the sink. It has always been a lovely drink but it now is very watery and tasteless. When I have brewed before I used to get a very strong initial fermentation before it settles down, but now the fermentations is very weak.

I would be interested to hear of anyone else's problems with this kit.

Never brewed it but it sounds like there's a yeast issue. I don't know if the yeast has changed in any way but maybe it's down to the how the kit is stored by the seller. Perhaps sales have slowed and the kits are older when you get them. It would cost more to buy a replacement yeast but could be worth it, better than pouring beer away. Where do you buy from?

Been ages since I've made a Brupak's kit but always had good results from them. Hope the quality hasn't gone down.

You used to see Brupaks kits at pretty much all half decent hb shops. Now they are a rarity. Would not be surprised if this flavour issue is result of stock that has been sitting around a long time waiting to be sold. I think they reviewed a kit on Partridge and it didn't get a great review

Never brewed it but it sounds like there's a yeast issue. I don't know if the yeast has changed in any way but maybe it's down to the how the kit is stored by the seller. Perhaps sales have slowed and the kits are older when you get them. It would cost more to buy a replacement yeast but could be worth it, better than pouring beer away. Where do you buy from?
I've bought them from several different brew shops so don't think that is the problem

I've bought them from several different brew shops so don't think that is the problem
Ok. But it does sound like the fermentation is poor, so you need to think about the yeast you use.

Latest posts

Back