Building a Shed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, too late for a 'fire escape', i may put in a extractor/vent at a later date, but i have already secured a Co2 extingusher and fire blanket, i will also be having a smoke alarm too installed.

Ok, today i have laid 90% of the floor, i am however double boarding the floor, but at least i can now walk without fear of falling over.
I have also been to work, and they have offered me 55 1200x100mm chipboard pallet boards for the princley sum of £10, so i snapped their fingers off! BARGAIN!

Also, i have ordered the roof beams and the 'fairing' to go on top of those too!
Roof on this week, and exterior wall will be 90% complete too by next week!!!

Thanks for the interest in this thread!!

Update:

My new roof timber has just arrived!, and yesterday i went to a window company and they donated me 3 windows free of charge!
Sweet or what!
Roof being sorted from sunday then on!

As promised, here's some pictures, this one is my first attempt at a window installation, the frame will be boarded over on the outside too!

Next picture, i have installed a longer, smaller window, that will be useful for looking down toward the house, to see if anyone's at the door, beams placed on top, with 3 already in place, fearing to go ontop of the beams for the slope!

comments??

And again i get some free wood from work again, i rang the manager yesterday, asking about some pallet tops in the garage, there's about 70 i think, basically there is 7 slats to the pallet, 1m by 1.2m, they are used as pallet tops of tops of mayonnaise pallets.

I mentioned that i would like to dismantle them, stand them up, and secure them to the bottom of the interior walls, and once stained a nice dark colour, they would be a wood cladding effect like in pubs...that was the wife's idea too..

And he said yes, take them away for free!!!
Am very lucky with this shed!!!

Just in for a cuppa, got ya msg mick, and to be honest, your about on the same track as i am too, yes, elec is going to be going in soon, soon as i have the cabling sorted, but i am doing what i can at the moment, roof albeit temporary cover wil be on tonight!!

More pics later!
Thanks!

Thanks BB, the roof covering is over the shed, and while it don't make it look the best looking shed, i am more concerned with keeping the interior dry, so it will suffice for a month as it is.

I need to buy some more 6x2,s so i can make up some cross beams, but run out of coach bolts, some screws too.
So, at moment , concentrating on putting on some boarding on the outside of the shed.

Tired!

And yet more pictures:
The interior is starting to take hold, and i have started to board the front of the shed, have cut out a hole for the window too!

More boarding wednesday!
Beer tonight for me!

Hang on...have i taken up bird watching...................

Looks like something the a team would make.
falafael said:
And yet more pictures:
The interior is starting to take hold, and i have started to board the front of the shed, have cut out a hole for the window too!

More boarding wednesday!
Beer tonight for me!

Hang on...have i taken up bird watching...................

Been out since 8.30am, just in for sarnie, and some lemonade!! lovely weather!!!!!!!

Ok , the shed is 90% covered externally in boarding, and i have also struggle my **** getting a 17ft 6x2 up to the top of the shed, while it is covered still, and then had to stand the beam up too!, but i did it after a lot of cursing!!

About to do board covering main window.

phewwww

Ok, i am knackered, been at it since 8.30am, and packed up at 16:45!!
All the exterior is boarded over, and i have made a frame and ledge for the window, started to work on the door frame as well!

one daily pleasure is the removal of splinters,getting loads of them!!

One picture only tonight, not a lot too look at, the drink is my cider out of the barrel in the small shed....quite nice to be honest, missus has got hold of loads of hanging basket barrels for the exterior too!!, and i have a trellis for the back!!

Update:

Ok, busy day today on my own, have sorted the beams out, nice slope to them now,so they are now just waiting for the boards to go on top.

I have started to lay the 1st level of the floor properly and screwed then down, i have also been screwing the boards on the lower pallets only, that way i can sort out places for electric sockets thereafter.

The stack is the pallet tops i got from work, that i will be taking to pieces and using as bottom cladding, and stained dark!
Free of course!
lol

A friend from work has lent be a wood drill bit, long enough to drill through 2 pallet blocks, so i can at least start bolting the top pallets together more, it's solid as it is, but since i bought them, i will use them, i have also covered the floor with 8 x 4ft sheets of white waxed paper, adding to a layer of insulation, this will be covered by plywood too!

Just using the items i collected!

Glad you like the thread andyakameatloaf! :thumb:

Just for you mick, a picture from the door, showing the white wax paper down, not stuck down yet, and my daughters bike appeared in the shed too!!
Rolls are the paper on the floor!!!! bout 12 to a roll!!

Well, after a 2 week break cos of ***** weather, i have been out all day today sorting out the shed, basically i took of the wall boarding, good job i only did the 1st level,and they have been out back in the shed!
I have removed the tarp from of the floor, and thats not as wet as i thought it was, so thats a bonus!

I also have removed the roof tarp, all the boards and wood holding it down of the roof, so it's all open now, and it's been drying a treat today!
I have then pulled in the wall thats to the right of the door as it was not level with the other side, and i did that by ' borrowing' 2 straps of a lorry and bracing the back wall!
Now it's levelled up, ready for the door soon!

Lastly i have put on the remainder of the roof fearings that i hadn't put on!
Overall a good 6 hours at it today!

The decent tarp is now covering the floor!!
Result!!!!
:thumb:

Ok, all the boarding for the roof, the felt, and the bitumen adhesive has been ordered, delivery is Tuesday!!
Be glad when its all on, then i can work away to my hearts content!

Back