Building a Shed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a picture of the completed bar, top still to put on, i have also done one of the benches round the edges too, and thats complete with cladding too, will be sanding that over the weekend too.

Hi, just a quick update:
I've started to sand the bar area first, and have done the small side of the bar first, and it has come up a treat, i invested in a pack of 5 masks for £3, they are ok, but don't stop everything.
Luckily a family member stepped in and bought me a new box of 10 with repirator on them, courtesy of their work!!

I have also been lucky in securing all the guttering, down pipe, brackets and ends for the shed too, more than enough guttering really, it' grey plastic, and i got it for the sum of £15, so that's a bonus too!

More sanding to be started later after a trip to the company shop for some coca cola, 24 bottles for £3.50!!
Pictures to follow on next update!

Thanks

Ok, while i am not working, i have decided that the shed shall continue, more of an incentive to find work, so i will be going back into it from thursday!

Hopefully i can have a job by august!
Thanks

Just took delivery of all the guttering and everything that go's with it!!
Am gonna have it going into 2 200 litre containers, and the second one, i will have a hole drilled 6" from the top with a bit of hosepipe coming out of that, and that will run to my conifers, as they are like sponges for water!

Have done and sanded the bar, and the walls are fine, the dust, even with a mask on is not good for me, so, i was happy anyway with the look of it, and so am gonna stick with what i said.

Least the bar area is sanded which is the area that will be used the most!!

Also started to put a exterior membrane on the shed too.

Been to supplier of the last boards of chipboards, and once again, they are donating me as much boards as i can take from a great pile, must be at least 40, most are 8ft by 8ft too!

Just got to sort out transport to get them here, then the walls will be finished!!
Tops!!!

this morning i have finished doing the outside waterproof membrane, some was left over, so chucked it on whilst i have it, thats the outside ready for the featherboarding.

Inside i have finished the kickboard for the bar, thats ready for the metal piping to go on, once i have the brackets that is.

I have put in 2 support posts inside the shed, either side of the support beam, just because i had them! lol

Am about to start on fixing up the guttering next, but unsure, as the heat bouncing of the back if the shed at the moment is unreal.

Inside the 12 by 6 shed , the temperature in there is 44c, its unbearable in there, so doors are open, in the 'pub shed', its 21c, and thats without the air con on, it is lovely and cool in there.
Once the rest of the interior walls are finished, should be quiet cool in there, and the boarding is being collected in the morning!!!
Thanks
:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

The boards were collected this morning, and i have only got one left to put on, and thats the corner for the electrics, the wires showing are the component and HDMI cables for the TV, all i have to do is put up the coving, and wallpaper.

Next picture is the bar, with a better top on, and i have put the pumps on for decoration, looking good i think!!

still more to do, but, it's coming!!!!
Thanks

Carling probably in cans for a friend who only drinks that!
Ok today, i have put up a couple of boards, cut out the window, tidied the bar area up, and have extended the back of the bar as well as putting on a top.
Speaker wire is now in place, and temporary speakers are in place.

picture for today!

Few things done today, have finished the snug area, the pallet boards at the bottom are all on, few little jobs completed....more pics this weekend!
Thinking of putting in surround sound in one area as i have the spare set up!!

Not done a great deal today, been very hot outside, so for today, i have installed the internet cable from the house to the shed!!!
Thanks

By the way, the cable was free!!

I've been following this build for weeks and am so impressed by your efforts. Not just the size of the build but the level of detail and the ability to make it from other peoples waste.

Amazing!

just a thought glenn,
how about some fan lights.
you can get cheep ones on ebay if you look long enough ... :) ...

regards mick... :hat: .

Very impressed. I've followed your thread since day one Glen and I've enjoyed every twist and turn. What you have done is absolutely fantastic and a credit to your hard work and inginuity - well done.

LeithR said:
Very impressed. I've followed your thread since day one Glen and I've enjoyed every twist and turn. What you have done is absolutely fantastic and a credit to your hard work and inginuity - well done.

I Agree with Leith. I was also sorry to hear about your job.
When searching for new ones, I wouldnt bother with a CV. Just print out this thread and hand them it. It shows a rare level of commitment and drive :thumb:

Thanks for then comments guys, had an evening in there last night with a few beers and a friend, was a good one, funny how we talked more in the pub shed, then we ever did in the house, which i guess is down to the surroundings.

As for today, need to get some work in the house today, so not be in there today!

update,
Today i installed the ethernet wire and put plugs on the end of that, i have also connected up all the internet cabling in the shed which was already in there, making 4 in total, all are working and ready for connecting, one is already sorted out.

Swopped the amp for a thinner one, and connected all the routers up and the satellite dishes.

I have also connected a security camera to the other shed, which looks down the side of the house and the gate, so i can have a small tv running that all the time!!

Picture:

Not final place for the tv and xbox btw

Back