Burco Boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a home made copper pipe wort chiller, it was amazing to see how much break material there was, the resulting wort was very clear, it was a pale ale & I was also surprised how pale it was. I just like to keep it simple as this was my first AG I think I went a little overboard watching things, however having watched and studied what was going on I will be able to adapt things and make them simpler next time.

Can i ask how you made the wort chiller

Can i ask how you made the wort chiller

Yes of course mate, I bought roll of 10mm copper x 10mtr long, I also bought a pipe bender.
I did planned what I needed in the finished item I was looking for about 250mm diameter on the coils and 340mm finished height on the returns.

I decided I wanted the pipe from the bottom of the coils to go on the inside (for tidyness and keeping everything compact.

Using the pipe bender I put a return bend on one end and then 90degs bend to take it to the top of the boiler.

I used a old helium cannister trapped in the vice and my father to help hold things then worked the copper round the cannister, once it was all wrapped around the cannister or most of it I made the other return bend and the 90degs bend to take me out of the boiler.

The thing I will say about the process is planning, planning and some more planning apart from that it was easy.

Yes of course mate, I bought roll of 10mm copper x 10mtr long, I also bought a pipe bender.
I did planned what I needed in the finished item I was looking for about 250mm diameter on the coils and 340mm finished height on the returns.

I decided I wanted the pipe from the bottom of the coils to go on the inside (for tidyness and keeping everything compact.

Using the pipe bender I put a return bend on one end and then 90degs bend to take it to the top of the boiler.

I used a old helium cannister trapped in the vice and my father to help hold things then worked the copper round the cannister, once it was all wrapped around the cannister or most of it I made the other return bend and the 90degs bend to take me out of the boiler.

The thing I will say about the process is planning, planning and some more planning apart from that it was easy.

Brillaint was it gas cooper piping??

Back