Busy day.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoptoit

Reaction score
24 bottles of Brewferm Triple bottled today. Finished up 8.4%. It's just keeping my hands off them for 6 months.
Also tweaked a Thomas Coopers IPA as they have them on offer locally for £10. Boiled a coopers light malt with 3 litres of water and 500g of kit enhancer as no dextrose locally. Steeped 25g of amarillo and 25g of Nelson sauvin for half hour off heat. Smelt great. Og of 1054 so hopefully brew out to just under 6%. Changed the kit yeast for us-05 11.5g and will dry hop with the same in about 10 days.
Also been investigating into purchasing a ACE electric boiler. Going to hold out though as a few on forum have said they are hopefully bringing a new one out soon. They look good value.

I'm pretty good at being patient with conditioning but couldn't be arsed with 6 months!

Get a wheat beer on or something else that's quick. That's one hell of a wait. Hope it turns out amazing after the suspension has built for that long!

I'm pretty good at being patient with conditioning but couldn't be arsed with 6 months!

Get a wheat beer on or something else that's quick. That's one hell of a wait. Hope it turns out amazing after the suspension has built for that long!
Seams to be the norm with a lot of Brewferm kits. Only got about 10 pints of Beerworks special kentish left. Got 2 weeks to wait on beerworks Mersey docker, but have already tried. Needs a bit of conditioning. Going to tweak coopers stout kit if I can find room. Need to sort shed, as dining room is now full. Got a full sized bosch fridge for £40, one year old. Already built the ITC 1000 up,programmed and tested. Just need space in shed to get into fridge. Then both fv's are in there.
Only 5th kit, and only started at Christmas with fv, barrel etc.
Now got 2 30 litre, 2 15 litre and 2 10 litre fv's.
4 dj's with wow going. 24 bottles of Diabolo conditioning, 24 bottles of Triple carbing. 42 bottles of Mersey dockers IPA conditioning and the T Coopers fermenting.
Not much of kentish left in barrel and a second pressure barrel of eBay waiting delivery.

24 bottles of Brewferm Triple bottled today. Finished up 8.4%. It's just keeping my hands off them for 6 months.
Also tweaked a Thomas Coopers IPA as they have them on offer locally for £10. Boiled a coopers light malt with 3 litres of water and 500g of kit enhancer as no dextrose locally. Steeped 25g of amarillo and 25g of Nelson sauvin for half hour off heat. Smelt great. Og of 1054 so hopefully brew out to just under 6%. Changed the kit yeast for us-05 11.5g and will dry hop with the same in about 10 days.
Also been investigating into purchasing a ACE electric boiler. Going to hold out though as a few on forum have said they are hopefully bringing a new one out soon. They look good value.

I did a lot of reading on boilers, the most recommended appears to be the buffalo 40 litre one.

For size, I have a 30 litre Cygnet (made by Burco) and it is a touch on the small side, I tend to have a pot on the hob with a gallon in it for top ups. That said, it's about the right size for 19l batches (US 5 gal).

Now, those ace boilers have screen filters and are insulated for use as a mash bin, although I think of you tried to use the heater while a mash is in you'd burn stuff to the base plate, boilers aren't really made for electric mashing.

I don't have a screen filter, I scoop the wort out with a jug and pour it through a kitchen sieve, I find this really helps to get air into the wort.

My Cygnet was 60 or 70 quid brand new (forget which), the buffalo 40 litres are about £140.

Be careful though, many boilers will not maintain a rolling boil without modification, I hear the buffalo's do and I know my Cygnet maintains a perfect rolling boil..

Latest posts

Back