Buying labels for beer bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteplus1

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone recommend purchasing from anywhere particular? cheap!
I've bottled my first seven AG brews but only written on the caps in a marker. Now with the competitions looming and brewing for them I need to start labelling which I should do anyway. All ideas welcome. .😎

Anyone recommend purchasing from anywhere particular? cheap!
I've bottled my first seven AG brews but only written on the caps in a marker. Now with the competitions looming and brewing for them I need to start labelling which I should do anyway. All ideas welcome. .
I use this, i think i paid a fiver for lifetime use and you can upload your own pic's
does me-----
'beerlabelizer .com'

HB comps are judged on the contents of the bottle, not the label.
Yes, it is nice to give your family and friends a well presented bottle. It shows that you have taken time to do this. Concentrate on the product not the labelling

I've made beers for people's parties before and uploaded my design to an online label printer. I get mine designed by a couple of friends who are talented in graphic design and search for the cheapest people. It does change and I can't seem to find who I last used. I would say try and stick to a standard size which makes it easier to find companies who will print. My mistake first time round was measuring the bottle and basing the label designs on those measurements only. Very few companies would print random measurements.

But if it's for a competition I would agree with @johnnyboy1965. You will get no extra points for having a good label (unless stated in the rules of course!). I'm entering in a couple and I plan on hand writing a sticky label and sticking it to the bottles.

If you have access to a laser printer its easy to print out your own and stick on with milk - works a treat., and they come off easy.
Its also easy to design labels using standard office software - I use MS Publisher.
I agree with previous comments about the contents being most important, but I also believe you eat/drink with your eyes first, and I find a well presented bottle helps the unenlightened get over their homebrew fears.
:cheers:

Cheers everybody . I'm totally with the point regarding the contents of the bottle over the label. I get that. Just wondered what to do for the competition as a label is required and haven't done any as yet. Also, no harm in being creative for thoughts further down the line but I'll probably stick to something very basic and simple for now.

Just wondered what to do for the competition as a label is required and haven't done any as yet. .

Thanks for this - just checked the rules and noticed I need to include some extra info on the labels I've got planned for the comp brew.
:cheers:

If you have access to a laser printer its easy to print out your own and stick on with milk - works a treat., and they come off easy. :

This is what I do. I just made a bunch of different designs. When a guest says they want a few bottles of different beers, I just get out an oil brush and a bowl of milk. Coat the label and stick on. They dry quick. It's super easy to clean as well.

Back