Carbonating drops.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gytski

Reaction score
Hi, still learning about brewing. I've currently got a St. Peter's stout on the go ready for bottling. Can anyone tell me how many drops I should use in 450ml bottles the groisch type with swing lids.
I'm worried about putting 2 in just in case it blows the lids off.

I just used them for the first time. I put one per 330ml bottle.
Worst you'll end up with only 1 is that you won't get a 'PINK' when you open the cap. Only way to tell is wait long enough to see.

Hi, still learning about brewing. I've currently got a St. Peter's stout on the go ready for bottling. Can anyone tell me how many drops I should use in 450ml bottles the groisch type with swing lids.
I'm worried about putting 2 in just in case it blows the lids off.

There a waste of money , just use sugar or spray malt if you have it, just tell the lads on here what your bottling and they will tell you how much, general rule of thumb is 1 level teaspoon per 500ml for bitter,lager. IPA that lighter type of beer, and three quarters of a teaspoon for stout type beers. Around 20% more if you use the spray malt so heaped and level.

There a waste of money , just use sugar or spray malt if you have it, just tell the lads on here what your bottling and they will tell you how much, general rule of thumb is 1 level teaspoon per 500ml for bitter,lager. IPA that lighter type of beer, and three quarters of a teaspoon for stout type beers. Around 20% more if you use the spray malt so heaped and level.
Yup, used em once,went to spoon's of sugar once and went straight onto batch priming:thumb:

Latest posts

Back