Check Out My New Fermentation Fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loetz

Landlord.
Reaction score
51_227333668.jpg

It will be here tomorrow! I'll throw an STC controller on it, and then I'll be able to brew in the summer too!

I nearly bought one of those, it was very cheap, but I noticed that it was covered with those self-adhesive labels that repair companies leave behind in the hope that you'll ring them next time it goes wrong. There were an awful lot of them.

In the end I went for an under-the-counter domestic fridge.

But, yours looks more modern and simpler than the one I viewed (and is quality brand). So here's hoping you have years of trouble-free operation!

I think it was 53x43x125... I just remember it being big enough to fit two 30l fermenters in comfortably.

I would have preferred to have 46.5 x 46.5 x 80 so that I could fit the 110l version of these fermenters in it:
sstank101-0156-1.jpg

But I've been looking for close to a year with no luck. Maybe I can file off 3.5cm somehow and cram the tank in there someday.

I wonder if these shelves are going to be strong enough to hold the fermenters or if I'm going to have to build better ones. I'm considering throwing a PC fan in there too for air circulation.

Yeah shelves will brake unless you put some wooden legs in there to hold each shelf up :thumb: very nice btw , wish it was mine :mrgreen:

quote...
The thing smells to high heaven of old smoke. I think it was in a bar or something before this.

Get a rauchbier in there ! :clap:

Loetz said:
If I find out that these Liebherr fridges would be a good size for you, I'll let you know.

So I measured the fridge and it ends up that it is 52cm x 46cm x 120cm. That is not including the extra space under the bottom rack. Maybe some day I will find a nice stainless tank to throw in there. :hmm:

I tested it out and it cools down to below 0 really quickly. The glass is cool to the touch, so maybe I will throw some insulation on it so I'm not wasting energy.

I'm excited to do my first brew with this thing! I ordered a 98l BK from h&g, and when that shows up I will do an all citra IPA. I plan to do a 12gal batch. :cool:

Latest posts

Back