Christmas beer!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete_901

Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question..

Planning on making a few batches for Christmas, how long does the beer actully last in the bottle? If I start brewing now will it be okay to drink at Christmas or would that be to long?

pete_901 said:
Hi guys, quick question..

Planning on making a few batches for Christmas, how long does the beer actully last in the bottle? If I start brewing now will it be okay to drink at Christmas or would that be to long?

You could have a beer last well over a year... in fact, some beers are all the better for it...

depends how good you are in producing clean uninfected beer. How are you brewing your beers ( kits or all grain ) beers should still be very drinkable in 18 months, high alcohol ones will just becoming to their best low alcohol ones will probably be jut passing their best.

Well I've done 2 brews now and they were both from kits. Cooper aussie and coopers Canadian blonde (loved the blonde!) okay thanks! Going to the brew shop tomorrow to get my next kit.... But what to get next? I'm a lager man!

well most lagers are best drunk youngish so there's not much point in putting one down for Christmas.
brew em and drink em.

Nice idea for thread - important to plan ahead.

I think I'll be leaving my Muntons Best Bitter 'til Xmas. Hope will improve with the time.

Cheers
DJA

I brewed my Christmas beer last year and the year before as well :whistle: :whistle:

Should just about be getting good by this Christmas. :lol: :lol:

im planning on doing a brewferm kit in the next few weeks to be ready for christmas i hope.

I have just bottled a geordie winter warmer made with dme and dextrose . I have sampled a bottle but its a bit thin at the moment but im hoping by Christmas it will be ready for drinking properly

dozgladman said:
I have just bottled a geordie winter warmer made with dme and dextrose . I have sampled a bottle but its a bit thin at the moment but im hoping by Christmas it will be ready for drinking properly

I made one of these with 1500g dme iirc. Body was nice, abv came to approx 6% I think. Taste was ok, but even after 7 months, it had that homebrew taste to it...

However,I made the Coopers Julebryg (check their website) using the English bitter kit, and it was superb! Might have to have another go at that one ready for Christmas...

Latest posts

Back