Co2 not getting into corny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHS

Reaction score
Have a 3 keg system set up, but co2 has stopped going into one of the kegs resulting in no beer coming out of the tap.

No problem with the co2 supply as the other 2 are pulling fine.
Have tested one of the other co2 working supplys on the keg and still no joy.
Co2 is coming out of the non working one all the way to the connector.
The post pushes down on the non working keg gas in fine, and pulling the release valve ring doesn’t produce anything. So I think that narrows it down to the gas in post.
No leaks anywhere as co2 supply showing stable.

Can only thing something going on with the post. Any ideas?

Spent some more time on this this afternoon. Took the gas in post off the keg, in theory connecting the removed gas post to the gas supply should see gas passing through the removed post, right? But it didn’t. I think there’s something going on with the post, but it looks a really simple connector that not much can go wrong with. Anybody experienced a malfunctioning post before?

Thx, will order a new post and see what happens.
At least I have 2 other kegs to quaff in the meantime!!

I am guessing you have removed the post connected it to the gas disconnect then quickly turned on the gas to see if it flows through the post.
I have never opened up a gas post but he out posts have a poppet in I wonder if they have a similar method which can be replaced

Yep, exactly that. The post looks a sealed unit. I can see the poppet being pushed down on the post when I connect the quick disconnect, so that all stacks up and in theory gas should flow through but doesn’t.

Just ordered a new gas post from Ali, less than a fiver. Will post back when it arrives if it works in case anybody else has a similar issue in the future

The gas in and beer out connectors are similar in construction and are spring operated poppet type valves. With nothing connected both valves are kept closed by the spring action and the keg pressure. The quick connects have a moulded pin at their centre that depresses the poppet valve when fitted to allow gas to enter under pressure or beer to be dispensed.
If you’ve removed the gas post, I’m guessing the spring and poppet have come out?
Have you checked that the gas supply quick connect works with one of the “good” kegs?
Have you checked the beer out quick connector on the non-working keg works on a “good” keg?
Have you dismantled the grey gas in quick connect to check the poppet valve and spring are working correctly?
Could be the post but it could be the grey quick connect not working properly?

Latest posts

Back