Conditioning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiderman2286

Reaction score
Can you condition your beer in the fridge. Nowhere in my house seems to be very cool. Or is it too cold

Depends on what yeast you have used, and on the method of carbonation.

Edit: For instance, If you have primed bottles and are using an ale based yeast you may need to leave them in a warmer environment for a few days to allow the yeast to naturally carbonate the beer - thereafter you can put them in the fridge and given enough time they should be good. Problem with putting them in the fridge though is they are too tempting when you look in.

Depends on what yeast you have used, and on the method of carbonation.
It was just a youngs brew buddy kit. I used coopers carbonation drops in the bottles. It's been in the airing cupboard around 22degrees. The cupboard under the stairs seems a little cooler

It was just a youngs brew buddy kit. I used coopers carbonation drops in the bottles. It's been in the airing cupboard around 22degrees. The cupboard under the stairs seems a little cooler
I would move them under the stairs then if thats slightly cooler, then maybe to the fridge after a week in the bottle. I have conditioned beers in the bottle at room temperature and after four weeks they have been fine so I wouldnt worry too much. You can experiment with your next brew!

I think the yeast in that kit is an ale based yeast, so you'll want to keep the temperature above 15/16 deg c to allow the yeasties to eat your priming sugar. After a week or two you can then put them in the fridge and the beer will continue to condition just fine, and the colder temp will help clear the final product.

So they been in the bottle for 2 weeks in the airing cupboard shall I leave them under the stairs for a week then chuck a few in the fridge?

After 2 weeks, I'd put them in the fridge now personally. Could always crack one open and see if you are happy with the fizz?? (but that would be cheating)

I leave my bottles in the same room as the fermentation, my first 2 batches were flat due to placing the bottles in a cold place after 2 days as per the instructions.

Now I condition for 2 weeks in approx 22 degrees room, then they are lovely and frothy and only need to be chilled for a few hours before drinking.

Using 2 litre and 1 litre bottles with silver spoon sugar cubes for carbonation.

Latest posts

Back