coopers dark ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jans1971

Reaction score
hi iv got a coopers dark ale kit, has anyone brewed this kit and what did you use anything to improve it , iv got some dark spray malt and was going to use 500g of that and 500g of brewing sugar

Hi Jans
Ive done the coopers dark ale before and i was so impressed im doing it again(its fermenting as i type) and its the only kit ive done twice so far. I use coopers beer enhancer kits, kit 2 for this brew, and just add the full kilo. I used the kit yeast the first time and got good fast fermentation and good results but this time ive used safale S-04 yeast because its a good yeast and normally better than the kit stuff and my brew seems fermented out already after just 2 days. leave it a bit longer tho just incase im wrong :lol:
Good luck with the kit :cheers:

hi my ale has been in the fermenter for about 4 weeks now it finished fermenting 2 weeks ago but i have not be able to bottle till now, is it ok to bottle and prime ,i was worried that there will not be enough yeast for the bottle priming because it has been in the fermenter to long and settled in the bottom, do i have to give a bit of a stir before bottling.

Jans I wouldn't stir it before bottling at this stage, you would be asking for trouble. It is an awful long time to leave in the fermenter, particularly if not under airlock protection, so I think the best you can do is go ahead and bottle and hope for the best. Have a taste to make sure it still seems OK when you start to bottle.

Latest posts

Back