Coopers Lager

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this kit with 500g spraymalt and 1kg sugar and go also with the brewing to 25L - "lawnmower" style.

With small 500ml PET bottles, I find the fag is not priming them, it's emptying out the sterilising fluid & rinsing them out. With the sugar in a small bowl and using a small funnel, you just go round the bottles systematically, easy if they are in the box they came in and it takes next to no time. 40 glass bottles, all higgledy piggledy on a worktop might be awkward, though.
Hi slid... do you add this in as well as the box of brew enhancer that comes in the kit ? what does that make the abv do you reckon ?

what's lawnmower style ? [emoji15]

Hi slid... do you add this in as well as the box of brew enhancer that comes in the kit ? what does that make the abv do you reckon ?

what's lawnmower style ? [emoji15]

The first time I made this, it was the kit that came with the starter pack and I used the brew enhancer. I liked the idea of brewing to 25L, which the kit video described as "making a beer to drink after mowing the lawn". I added 500g table sugar over and above the brew enhancer, because I have never been a great fan of heavy beer and don't mind the "thinning", nor the "cidering" that adding table sugar is supposed to give.

Thereafter, no way am I buying branded brew enhancer that is half DME and half sugar, so I use Kit, Kilo and 500g DME. It is possible the first brew was slightly paler than those that followed.

Brewing to 25L and fermenting down to 1.008, adding a whopping 200g of priming sugar, brings it to around 5.3% ABV, which is what Tesco used to sell its own brand, much sugared, French Alsace lager at ages ago.

This tastes better, BTW.

Latest posts

Back