coopers new fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybon92

Reaction score
I've done two bad brews from this, I'm not blaming the fermenter I know it most likely was me but I wanted to hear to views on it. I liked the idea of it before I started, but since done a wine in a demijohn and that you vs alcoshots in their bucket which you leave a gap and both turned out pretty good. I'm going to do a stout and maybe add some liquorice to it. Of course I'm going to buy another fermenter bit what experiences have you guys had from this "beginner" fv?

Had mine for years and just as good as any other I have. I don't think there's such a thing as a beginners fv. As long as it's cleaned, sanitised and sealed it will serve you well for many years. A "bad brew" in my book is usually down to bad sanitisation, oxidisation or old ingredients. If it's just not to your taste, rather than off, then stick to better ingredients and temperature control. What were your bad brews?

I have a richies FV and a cheapo one, the only difference I have found is the cheap one is not 100% airtight so the airlock doesn't bubble, the stuff I have made in both has always been fine.

I'm using the new Coopers FV, the one with the Krausen collar. It's not airtight like some other FVs but it's been good for 3 brews so far (Coopers Aussie Lager, St Peters Golden Ale and Wherry)

I'm using the new Coopers FV, the one with the Krausen collar. It's not airtight like some other FVs but it's been good for 3 brews so far (Coopers Aussie Lager, St Peters Golden Ale and Wherry)
Where can I get one of these?

Sounds like this is the one being referred to Coopers DIY Beer Craft Brew Kit (or similar) which if so, is the one I also have. I struggle to believe it's completely airtight but all the literature insists it is due to the clipped on lid being such a tight fit. In theory this should only be breached by CO2 coming out which makes sense.

On my 4th brew and none of my mistakes have been down to the fermenter. Love how easy it is to clean. I know I'd brew less if it was a larger or more complicated set-up.

Latest posts

Back