Coopers Original Stout Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my "black gold" this morning ,as i had a day off work, its in the warm cupboard for 2 weeks then garage for 2 weeks then fridge hmmm christmas maybe :wha:

Bad news... 30 hours after bottling i had to try one pint. It was quite warm....great head... and tastes like guinness!!!!. Please god let me keep them til christmas ... the're bloody lovely. :D :D :D :thumb:

The Coopers stout is what is coming with my starter kit.

Sounds bloody nice from what you guys have been saying, i am a big big Guinness, real ale drinker, so am excited about the outcome.

After reading this thread, i was thinking of using 1.5Kg of brewing sugar in the FV, and im not sure how much brewing sugar to use in the keg as a primer, but i do like my ales strong.

This will be my first brew for oooooh 15 years ish, so can start experimenting after this one, i just wanna get a good strong 40 pints worth of stout in my belly for the first brew.

I am tempted to try one of the black stuff tonight - it was bottled on the 24th although the bottles are rock hard and in need of some pallette attention. :grin:

mattrickl06 said:
I am tempted to try one of the black stuff tonight - it was bottled on the 24th although the bottles are rock hard and in need of some pallette attention. :grin:
Go on, just try one :twisted:

Well sods law - couldnt try one of them, I had to neck three of the blighters instead.

Lovely - definately recommended :cheers:

A few days later and my stout is developing that rich smokey Guinness nose and taste. This has to be the best kit for the money! Mine's all in the keg by the way.

mattrickl06 said:
Well sods law - couldnt try one of them, I had to neck three of the blighters instead.

Lovely - definately recommended :cheers:
We are blood brothers :cheers:

finally got round to doing mine. its been in the fv for 5 days and I took my first sg reading (1.011) got to drink the sample. Freaking amazing! can't wait to get this conditioned. :D [looks at clock] is it ready yet??

LeedsBrewer said:
finally got round to doing mine. its been in the fv for 5 days and I took my first sg reading (1.011) got to drink the sample. Freaking amazing! can't wait to get this conditioned. :D [looks at clock] is it ready yet??
See what i mean leeds :lol: :cheers:
Just stuck 24 various sized bottles of mine in the loft this evening after 11 days in warmth. They are still calling out to me.....drink me drink me, but they are harder to get at.

yep, apologies.... get em all supped :thumb:

Think i'm guna find it difficult to forget about these. :lol:

Just started this one off. Added 1kg of extra dark DME and a tin of black treacle, brewed short to 21 litres

SG reading, before adding yeast, is 1.060 - should be rocket fuel when it's done :whistle:

remember the old saying. 1 weeks conditioning for each 10 points gravity. therefore you have a nice wait of 6 weeks plus ...... :twisted: :twisted:
mwahahahahaha

Wasn't aware of that saying, but will bear it in mind in future!

Thankfully I've got some Wherry to see me through. Going to be bottling my Admiral's Reserve tomorrow...

Hi all,

My Coopers stout will be going in shortly, I'm just sterilising the FV and preparing the kit and all ingredients.

Just one question: How violent is the primary fermentation as I've read about lids nearly being pushed off the FV? I have he new Coopers kit with the extended krausen kollar but can't find the two clips that secure the lid on.

I'm brewing short to 21l should I try to fit something else to keep the lid on?

Thanks

Jim

Dont worry mate, it wont explode. Mine frothed up nicely at the start and then settled down.
Dont worry about clipping the lid down :cheers:

Cheers bottler, it's now sitting nicely in the FV. Smell was fantastic. Can't wait to try this in about a month or so.

Latest posts

Back