Coopers Stout questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen

Reaction score
I have had my stout in the fv for a week now and im looking for some bottling advice. Do i just prime it with the normal amount of sugar (85g to 23pints) ?
Also i was thinking of using gelatine to help with the sediment, Is this neccessary? and if it will help, how much do i use? and what type of gelatine is suitable as i have some leaf gelatine in the cupboard.

Thanks in advance
Glen

Hi there Glen

Are you sure that you have only made 23 pints of stout or have you short brewed it deliberately. If 23 is the case you will have to cut down on the sugar accordingly. Batch priming is the way to go, its much easier than adding a teaspoon of sugar to each bottle.

Don't bother with the gelatine, I have never used it and IMO it is a waste of money and isn't really needed. As long as you leave the stout to condition for the required amount of time (longer if possible) there should be no problem and the sediment should compact quite well.

Cheers Neil

there is no real need to clear stout, you cant see through it at any stage!:) after 2-3 weeks in the bottle all of the yeast and nasties have dropped out anyway.
i hope you mean 23 litres with that amount of sugar

Latest posts

Back