corny keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherbyderb

Reaction score
Hello all not been on for a while so hello.
I am looking to get hold of a corny keg and all the bits to go with it but there are so many different ones out there im not sure who to buy from which is my problem so if anyone has any sugestions i would like to hear them.
Many thanks Andy

+1 to that. You can do it slightly cheaper by buying everything off ebay, but then you are taking a risk that it's all 100% working.

Norm's are reconditioned by him and shipped pressurised so you know they'll be ok.

For a basic setup you'll need:

1. A Cornie Keg
2. In and Out disconnects (push-fit adaptors that allow the gas and beer tubing onto the keg)
3. Gas tube to go to the regulator.
4. A dispensing tap of some sort (a party tap works fine, particularly if with 3m of 3/16 beer line attached - it helps stop foaming. Norm will do this for you)
5. A Gas regulator
6. A cylinder of CO2

Norm supplies all his kegs with items 2 and 3 included, and will add the party tap (no.4) for a nominal fee.
He ships new regulators for £50 each, and a 2kg CO2 cylinder is also £50. There are other ways of getting CO2 though - depending on how many cornies you think you'll end up with, you might want to get a bigger cylinder from a local supplier. If you are happy with 1 or 2 cornies, then the 2kg will probably do you ok.

Drop him an email - he might take a couple of days to get back to you, but ships pretty quickly.

I agree with the abovre but before you buy a cylinger od co2 from Norm, just make sure you can get it refilled locally. some places will only re-fill their own cylinders :thumb:

Back