Cracked open one of my Wherrys

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefstoker

Regular.
Reaction score
I did this last night, its only had a couple or three weeks conditioning but was very clear and smooth - not really what i was expecting for some reason :lol: I quite liked the zesty citrus taste but not sure if I could drink alot of it in one hit. Very pleasurable all the same, a nice cool summer drink

:cheers: chiefstoker

Blimey. Mines only been in the bottle for a week and I can't stop testing it. The Wherry kits aren't bad really. I've got sediment floating about in mine at the moment but it soon settles after an hour in the fridge. I should be more patient really. :whistle:

evanvine said:
Pleased you've had a success storey with your Wherry CS.
Mines been in the keg for 8 wks now and still isn't ready!

I tried mine last weekend after 4 weeks conditioning and it didn't taste ideal... not bad or anything, just that I couldn't decide if it's not ready yet, or just not to my taste.

As it's my first brew, I've nothing really to compare it to and it's kind of hard to describe, so it's good to know that an established brewer considers Wherry needs a good while to condition.

evanvine said:
ilikerossi said:
I think that's why I never tried a wherry, don't have the patience for 8 weeks :whistle:
If it doesn't improve in the next forthight it's going to be dismantled!

A little Bird told me you might be buying it a ticket on the Tincture Express sometime soon Jim :shock: :rofl:

Whats the Tincture Express?

I think it may possibly just be a taste issue with the wherry, like i said it wasnt what i was expecting and possibly could be confused with a beer that didnt taste 'ready' - maybe i was just lucky.. that would be a first :lol:

:cheers: CS

evanvine said:
ilikerossi said:
I think that's why I never tried a wherry, don't have the patience for 8 weeks :whistle:
If it doesn't improve in the next forthight it's going to be dismantled!

I have found a willing benefactor for my wherry after conditioning mine for 5 weeks or so, & coming to the conclusion that its not going to suit my palate, My old man will drink anything that's free!

I am not dissing Can kits they have their place, and thousands of people really enjoy them, but after spending 15 quid & an extra 5 on spraymalt, (& wondering after several weeks and tastes, if the sweet citrusy twangy taste of the finished brew is ever going to improve) I have come to the conclusion that stirring Porridge is the far better option for me.

UP

Latest posts

Back