dark coffee ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dablyth

Reaction score
I'm looking to make a dark ale but with a good flavouring of coffee added to it, can anybody help with this on what I would need to do ...

Thanks

A while back my local had a guest beer on called `Old Man' but I can't remember the brewery. It was a black ale and flavoured with coffee. I have to say it tasted like someone had had a homebrew disaster. I would have been deeply embarrassed if one of my own brews had come out tasting like that. :lol:

Had a Mocha beer last night, picked up a couple of different ones from Sainsburys, and it was bloody lovely! Chocolate and coffee, could really smell and taste the chocolate but the coffee bitterness was nice.

2 coffee and chocolate beers that I would highlt recommend are

Pilot Double Mochaccino
Cromarty Brewed Awakening

I'll need to have a go at something like this.

I made one recently with an Irish stout kit. Strained off 5 litres into a demijohn and added Nescafe Azera and a double shot of espresso. When very chilled this tastes like a frappucino (except it gets you ******!)

Hi, I also can relish a good ale with a coffee or chocolate twist in it. Recently brewed a Belgian ale (5.6% vol, 32 ibu, 36 etc) and added 2,5% chocolate malt (900 ebc) to the regular grains. In a previous batch I added about 10%, but that tends to override the overall taste of the ale. I'll have to wait another month though before I can taste the new brew. It's fermenting right now on a safbrew t-58.

Latest posts

Back