dave_77 Brewdays- 2023 and beyond

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoow Dave,
Took me ages to catch up but i eventually got there.
Some amazing brews and love ya gears.
The West Coast IPA going to be a cracker mind pal.
Catch you lata.
Bri
WC IPA tasted promising out of the fermenter so 🤞🏼it's good when it's on tap after a few weeks conditioning. No space in kegerator at the moment so it's in the lagering freezer with the Belgian Pale and the Belgian will be up next.

My latest brew has been fermenting for a week. This is a mix ferm Saison hopped with Cashmere , Kazbek & Pioneer. This will be transferred to a keg after 2 weeks with a floating dip tube for further conditioning under a few psi which I got a new spundy to regulate. I will then bottle the beers off the keg when I'm happy with it and add priming sugar to the bottle to carbonate.
IMG_20240117_223106.jpg
IMG_20240119_160041.jpg

I'm hoping that the conditioning in the keg goes well as I had been thinking of leaving a couple of litres of the Brett saison in the keg and transferring another saison to it for the Brett to do it's magic again 🤞🏼

I'm hoping that the conditioning in the keg goes well as I had been thinking of leaving a couple of litres of the Brett saison in the keg and transferring another saison to it for the Brett to do it's magic again 🤞🏼
I thought so adding my new saison directly into my old saison keg. Went to clean it yesterday and feel a couple of pints still in there. Cleaned it in the end and on opening I could see it was a lot less than a couple of pints.

My latest brew has been fermenting for a week. This is a mix ferm Saison hopped with Cashmere , Kazbek & Pioneer. This will be transferred to a keg after 2 weeks with a floating dip tube for further conditioning under a few psi which I got a new spundy to regulate. I will then bottle the beers off the keg when I'm happy with it and add priming sugar to the bottle to carbonate.
View attachment 95084View attachment 95085

Look at the bottom right of your fermenter picture. Looks like two sad ghosts doing a sing-a-long (the one in the white sheet is holding the microphone). :laugh8:

Quick question re the spundy valve (Santa brought me one, not had chance to use it yet). Which way do you twist the valve ? i.e. does anti-clock fully close it so it keeps all pressure in and clock-wise will gradually allow pressure out ?

Look at the bottom right of your fermenter picture. Looks like two sad ghosts doing a sing-a-long (the one in the white sheet is holding the microphone). :laugh8:

Quick question re the spundy valve (Santa brought me one, not had chance to use it yet). Which way do you twist the valve ? i.e. does anti-clock fully close it so it keeps all pressure in and clock-wise will gradually allow pressure out ?
Not sure yet as I haven't played around with it yet either..will let you know once I have transferred it at the weekend. I will have a play with a pet bottle and carb cap to set the psi

Kegged the Brett Saison today to condition for a few months under a little pressure.
Looked nice and flavours were promising after 17 days.. grapefruit, mango, lemon & spice. Current FG 1.004, interesting to see if it gets down to 1.000 in the keg.
IMG_20240203_121133.jpg

Haven't updated for a while, looks as though I have brewed a few beers since.

I'm really enjoying this German golden ale. I'm liking german & Slovenian hops alot at the moment. I like bitter beers so this was something like.a golden ale kolsch in base but ibu and hoping level of a golden Ale but using a combo of German and English hops. I'm gutted because I lost 4 litres after putting the Spunding valve on the wrong post after dry hopping. Thankfully the Mrs noticed beer dripping out of the fridge so I didn't lose it all.
https://share.brewfather.app/5hnsACoDcUc2xc
IMG_20240220_193218.jpg

Latest brew is a another version of one of my favourite styles of beer - Hoppy Belgian pale (Tarus Boulba inspired pale).

This one I have used Wyeast Belgian Wheat which I built up from a frozen sample, seems to be working well.

Hops on this one are Motueka and Celeia, this version is taken from the hops used in Burning sky New Alliance which was the Collab with De la Senne.

Looking forward to this one.

https://share.brewfather.app/kxWvywrZP8iaJ4

Last edited:
Haven't updated for a while, looks as though I have brewed a few beers since.

I'm really enjoying this German golden ale. I'm liking german & Slovenian hops alot at the moment. I like bitter beers so this was something like.a golden ale kolsch in base but ibu and hoping level of a golden Ale but using a combo of German and English hops. I'm gutted because I lost 4 litres after putting the Spunding valve on the wrong post after dry hopping. Thankfully the Mrs noticed beer dripping out of the fridge so I didn't lose it all.
https://share.brewfather.app/5hnsACoDcUc2xc
View attachment 96456

Ooo, spunding valve, that reminds me - which way does the knob operate ?

Latest brew is a another version of one of my favourite styles of beer - Hoppy Belgian pale (Tarus Boulba inspired pale).

This one I have used Wyeast Belgian Wheat which I built up from a frozen sample, seems to be working well.

Hops on this one are Motueka and Celeia, this version is taken from the hops used in Burning sky New Alliance which was the Collab with De la Senne.

Looking forward to this one.

https://share.brewfather.app/kxWvywrZP8iaJ4

Yes, I like Motueka and Celeia. I used just Motueka in a New Zealand pale recently and really liked it. I use Celeia regularly.

Back