Day's back to being cr*p!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The support you lot give is great
I don't really have anyone to talk to face to face so you lot get it :D
I'm sorry to read how many other people are in the same situation :(
I at least know the outcome for my wife is positive which is something I'm clinging to

All I can really say is "thanks fellas" and I hope you lot don't mind me spouting off from time to time

Max

Fire away m8, if it makes it more bearable give us all some of your troubles & often it eases our own by responding.
All the best for the future,keep going buddy you'll get there in the end. :cheers: ken.

Wow, just spotted this mate.

Your family is really going through the wringer at the moment mate, so sorry to hear of all that is going on in your lives at the moment.

I wish your good lady well with her treatment and hope everything goes as well as it possibly can.

Whatever happens, do NOT settle for 2nd best. In most cases surgery for removal of any cancerous cells is the no.1 "cure". Cutting it out always gives the best chance of beating the disease and, while an operation is always daunting, I would definitely push in this direction.

Well sorry to say my lovely father in law passed away this evening
There is now a huge hole in our family which will never be filled

Condolences G.

Next bottle poured will be drunk to the man who clearly meant a great deal to you.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

SWMBO lost her mum in March and my dad told me 'The feelings of despair and lose lessen with time but we never forget the ones we love. In time you will celebrate the life they lived and relies that they will be with you always'

Condolences of course.

Don't look on it as a hole to be filled... Its a place your father in law filled, he lived and sadly died...its still his place in you and your families hearts and thoughts.

Visit that place often and remember him with fondness.

Sorry to hear your news mate, I have refrained from posting in this thread as I recently lost my father in-law at the tail end of last year, was a bad time for me and the wife but it gets easier to cope I find by just thinking of the good times (in our case several years ago as he had been getting worse for a few years) it will never go away but I find I smile more when I think about the good bits.

BrotherMalice said:
It gets easier to cope I find by just thinking of the good times. It will never go away but I find I smile more when I think about the good bits.

nicely put Colin ( and others ), I lost my stepfather very suddenly a few years back. My wife was pregnant at the time and he never met either of my children. To this day I still shed a tear at moments, but as time has passed I also smile a lot more when thinking about him as well. It's never easy, but it gets easier...

Will have a beer for you and yours later

Thanks guys as always you lot let me know I'm not the only one and I am sorry if my post have brought back sad memories for some of you guys

But also thanks for sharing with me

I will always remember him with a smile the amount of time we spent in each others company building and making things he may have been my wife's dad but he was more of a dad to me than my own ever was
I'm proud to be part of his family and to have taken his name as part of my own

Well purely on the basis of how you speak of him, you do him proud.

It's tough to do but I trust you'll be giving him the send off he deserves. We saw SWMBO's Dad off last year. Packed the village pub after the service, couldn't move inside, they were stood out in the beer garden in January... Everyone seemed to leave their grief at the door and spent the whole time drinking to his memory, telling stories and remembering good times - which was great for me, for although I knew him and loved him, I never *really* knew him because Alzheimer's had already taken a fair toll before I met him. It was even better for her and her Mum - hatchets got buried, old friends reacquainted, and new friendships pastimes started.

I reckon a proper send off helps to put things in perspective, helps make the transition from the pain of the moment to remembering who they were, who they still are and how they would want you be now that they're gone.

PD got it right though. You can't fill the hole and there's no point trying because there isn't a hole in the first place. It's still filled right to the brim with all the stuff you did. :thumb:

Okay final post
Buried my father in law today lots of tears shed but lovely service and fitting tribute to him place was full!
On the way home got a call to say that my wife's surgeon had called and would call back ( heart sank as not due for results of op till next week)
Got home and rather than wait called her back and

ALL CLEAR!!!!!!!
No cancer in all the material removed! My wife no longer has cancer!!!!
May need some more treatment as a preventative measure in the future but as it stand she is clear!!!
So confused happy and sad what a day and its my eldest lads birthday as well

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My wife was told she will need check ups for the next 5 years, one year has gone, it is looking good. I can only hope for the very best for your wife.

Latest posts

Back