Dead Pony Club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Goatreich

Landlord.
Reaction score
Brewdog's Dead Pony Club
I love this beer, love it. So much that I want to brew it myself, in gallons. A quick Google lead my to the following thread on Jim's Beer Kit:

http://www.jimsbeerkit.co.uk/forum/view ... =5&t=55964

Here's the recipe that caught my eye the most. It's likely not an exact clone, but sounds bloody tasty (Recipe by "Norfolkandchance" on JBK). I think the original DPK uses Mosaic instead of Amarillo, but the recipe was altered for the hops that the guy had in stock.

Dead Donkey Society

Original Gravity (OG): 1.037 (°P): 9.3
Final Gravity (FG): 1.007 (°P): 1.8
Alcohol (ABV): 3.88 %
Colour (SRM): 7.4 (EBC): 14.5
Bitterness (IBU): 38.3 (Average)

94.44% Pale Ale Malt
5.56% Crystal 90

0.4 g/L Citra (15% Alpha) @ 90 Minutes (Boil)
1.1 g/L Amarillo (8.6% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil)
1.1 g/L Citra (15% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil)
1.1 g/L Simcoe (12.2% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil)
3.3 g/L Amarillo (8.6% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma)
3.3 g/L Citra (15% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma)
3.3 g/L Simcoe (12.2% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Aroma)
3.3 g/L Amarillo (8.6% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop)
3.3 g/L Citra (15% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop)
3.3 g/L Simcoe (12.2% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop)

0.2 g/L Irish Moss @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

I simply have to have a go at this, but I did work out that it would cost something like £35 for the ingredients for a 20l brew if I bought the ingredients from Rob at The Malt Miller (my usual supplier of AG ingredients). That's pretty much £1 a pint, which is cheaper than any craft beer you'll find anywhere, but still bloody expensive for homebrew. Still, I think I'm going to dive in and do this in the coming weeks.

https://twitter.com/brewdog/status/335352840635678722
HBC (aka Mosaic)
MosaicTM (HBC 369) is an aroma hop variety developed by Hop Breeding Company, LLC that was released in 2012. It offers a unique and complex blend of floral, tropical, fruity, and earthy characteristics that translate very favorably into several styles of beer. MosaicTM is the daughter of Simcoe® (YCR 14) and a Nugget derived male.

:drink:

BH0Fv68CEAEhjcE.jpg

Back