Dehumidifiers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just plug the device into a timer. We have one so the dehumidifier in the shed comes on at night while leccy is cheap. The timer we have lets you choose as many on and off periods as you want.

That is exactly what mine won't do.
It comes on in standby mode... So you need to keep a fairy in the shed to actually press the ON button on the unit.

Just plug the device into a timer. We have one so the dehumidifier in the shed comes on at night while leccy is cheap. The timer we have lets you choose as many on and off periods as you want.
I think the issue is , that they don't turn on when power cycled, you still have to press the on button (at least with mine)

Had a
Mitsubishi MJ-E20BG for nearly 10 years now, was quite expensive at the time but is still very quiet etc.
A friend has just purchased a Meaco and is very happy.

We had a compressor dehumidifier for years but this year bought a Meaco DD8l Zambezi desiccant and the difference is night and day. They are more expensive to run than a compressor but you don't need it on as long to make a difference

Latest posts

Back