Do you think homebrewing will ever become illegal?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickW

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm just thinking - because we all know how much the government likes its money. Do you think its only a matter of time until Mr. Brown decides it's illegal and tried to push us to the supermarkets to buy our beer?

If you've got any opinions give your reasons :)

Cheers :cheers: ,

crE

Na
If the law cant controll Class A, B and C drugs where will a few pissheads sit in the great scheme.
HMIC had to give up and let Bio deisle producers make up to 2500 L of fuel tax free just because the alternative was too hard to enforce. That why homebrewing was made duty free way back in time.
Unless they make buying and selling hops and grains unlawfull It cant be controlled. Even then it would be doubtful.
how would bakers sell bread. after all they would be in posession of a prepared grain product. Imagine it bakers in court for supply.
Posession of a class A yeast culture.

Bottom line is I dont think there is enough wedge in this game for HMIC to get interested

Frisp - another class post :thumb:

like i said in another thread.. if they tried.. we'd go underground :) by comparision it's still not illegal to own a still in this country, but is illegal to USE one... i think if that law tightens, i'd start to get concerned beer brewing might be next. in the mean time i think we've got greater things to worry about than our little breweries ;)

in the mean time i think we've got greater things to worry about than our little breweries

Like the Hop shortages for a start. Also the alark=ming amount of quality whisky my father is forcing me to drink..... where the hell are amnesty now....... this is opressive.....
Or
Like how the feck im going to feel in teh morning
:drink:

if they tried.. we'd go underground
would the drips from the roof of the subteranean place have a detrimentale effect on the brew....

Or indeed was Paul Weller worryingly exposing himself as a sage when he penned going underground..... back in the day. .......

Its obvious Im up in Scotland and ****** cause the Pish talk is starting to flow .... again

You've only got till the 'Muslims' gain control and your all screwed. They won't allow brewing. But look on the bright side. You can go to a public stoning instead. :twisted:

The above post is a JOKE :grin:

*winces*

:nono:

my son's technically half muslim (mother's of asian origin)

i'm not lying mate! ;)

but that was funny as fcuk :lol: (and i hope that comment made you sweat too :rofl: )

:rofl:
How can you be technically half muslim? :rofl: What's the other half? Christian??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's made me larf thinking about the arguments you could have with yourself. :rofl:

:lol:

hey MEB, why'd you edit your post? i knew you were jokin ;)

Hey guy's I know that it's only banter but can we make sure that it doesn't go further than that please :thumb: we are a public forum and as such need to make sure we conform to what is acceptable 'in public'.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

The authorities will have to as prise the homebrew "out of my cold dead hands!!" :grin:

Wez said:
Hey guy's I know that it's only banter but can we make sure that it doesn't go further than that please :thumb: we are a public forum and as such need to make sure we conform to what is acceptable 'in public'.

Totally agree W :thumb: Just http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeQpeDkoGc&NR=1 if you think it's getting out of hand.

Kingfisher said:
Wez said:

Totally agree W :thumb: Just http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeQpeDkoGc&NR=1 if you think it's getting out of hand.

:rofl:

Cos sometimes my brain doesn't realise whats going on with the rest of my body. Was a bit non PC, so i edited it.

C of E and Muslim, buddhist etc are religion not race BS. You can't be born C of E or Muslim. You are born a race, you pick your religion based on your religious belief. I have no religious belief. Except that homebrewing is almost a religion to me. I worship on the altar of Grain and give praise to the entity of yeast. :thumb:

Homebrewing was around before commercial brewing and will be around long after commercial brewing IMO. My new kettle would probably withstand a nuclear blast so i reckon it'll easily outlive me. But after my heavy weekend the salad in my garden will probably outlive me too. :grin:

ok should have said baptised/christened/whatever to be more specific.

i may have been christened, but i'm actually agnostic. i neither disbelieve nor believe. actually no.. that's a bit wrong.. i believe there is a higher entity, but am not sure what it is, so dont know how to worship/praise/thank it :lol:

i guess you could say... i believe in aliens :rofl:

Back