Dual Co2 gauge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryjo

Still brewing though never get much time....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a bit of help as I'm thinking of kegging and have been able to source a supplier for Co2.
My dilemma is the equipment required and as I already have 2 Sankey kegs which I know I'll have to buy dispensers for when I get round to establishing what type they are,but my issue is acquiring a suitable gauge for the gas,key for the legs and fittings and hoses etc.
Is there many using Sankies as I don't see much point in buying cornies with the added expense of the equipment.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Ps shall post a pic of the spear inlets later.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I use a parweld co2 regulator that cost £18.99. I picked up a Sankey S coupler for £5 but you'll probably pay about 20. I'd very much recommend a flow controller, either inline for about a tenner delivered, or flow control taps.

I have trouble getting my 50 litre into my chest freezer when it's full because it's in an awkward spot and I always forget that I should put it in the freezer then fill it.

You don't have to take out the spear to clean the keg but you can. You can just use the keg coupler to flush it, oxi it, swill it, sanitise it and fill it. If you need to take it apart you can degas it, unscrew the spear until the safety stops you getting it any further, put 5p pieces in the outlet then attach the coupler and press it down and that should disengage the safety. There are types with a circlip and getting the clip out is a git, but you can drill a little hole in the clip then pull on that to get it out. Taking the spear out is then a weird pull, turn, push turn Crystal Maze type game and it's dead easy. To get the circlip back then squeeze in on section with a pliers then work your way around it with the pliers.

I use a parweld co2 regulator that cost £18.99. I picked up a Sankey S coupler for £5 but you'll probably pay about 20. I'd very much recommend a flow controller, either inline for about a tenner delivered, or flow control taps.

I have trouble getting my 50 litre into my chest freezer when it's full because it's in an awkward spot and I always forget that I should put it in the freezer then fill it.

You don't have to take out the spear to clean the keg but you can. You can just use the keg coupler to flush it, oxi it, swill it, sanitise it and fill it. If you need to take it apart you can degas it, unscrew the spear until the safety stops you getting it any further, put 5p pieces in the outlet then attach the coupler and press it down and that should disengage the safety. There are types with a circlip and getting the clip out is a git, but you can drill a little hole in the clip then pull on that to get it out. Taking the spear out is then a weird pull, turn, push turn Crystal Maze type game and it's dead easy. To get the circlip back then squeeze in on section with a pliers then work your way around it with the pliers.
Had a look on Youtube last night and came across this little insert

Very informative.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Looking for a bit of help as I'm thinking of kegging and have been able to source a supplier for Co2.
My dilemma is the equipment required and as I already have 2 Sankey kegs which I know I'll have to buy dispensers for when I get round to establishing what type they are,but my issue is acquiring a suitable gauge for the gas,key for the legs and fittings and hoses etc.
Is there many using Sankies as I don't see much point in buying cornies with the added expense of the equipment.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Ps shall post a pic of the spear inlets later.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Got all my gas stuff from King Keg (I think). The twin gauge took a while to arrive - think it might have come direct from China - it was cheap but it works. I get gas from www.adamsgas.co.uk

Got all my gas stuff from King Keg (I think). The twin gauge took a while to arrive - think it might have come direct from China - it was cheap but it works. I get gas from www.adamsgas.co.uk
Gas is sorted as I can get it from a local supplier who are a BOC agent.

Gas is sorted as I can get it from a local supplier who are a BOC agent.

That's good. You'd think the gas suppliers would do regulators eh? Adams couldn't help me with that either

Hi Gerryjo
If you need pub cellar type kit for your Sankey kegs, check-out Barley Bottom (I have no connection!). I've found them pretty good for, eg check valves, etc. But I use cornies!

Latest posts

Back