elements 100l

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeezlebarf

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Any pointers as to what/where electric elements for 100l pots? I had previously looked at oilybits.com but the elements are too long at 11 inches. thanks

They look pretty good , hopefully no issue with them being Stateside(electrics and delivery)?

They look pretty good , hopefully no issue with them being Stateside(electrics and delivery)?

Most USA devices are rated for 110/120V at 60Hz whereas the UK is on 230/240V at 50Hz so make sure that you get something compatible with your supply.

Also, do you really want just one element? :?:

An element suitable for a continuous rolling boil of 100 litres (+/- 1Kw?) would take ages to bring the wort up to the boil; whereas a single 3Kw element would bring the water to boiling point fairly quickly but (for me) it would be way too much for a rolling boil.

Would these be any good?
imgres

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DC872WG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
How is 11 inches to big for a 100L pot? It is only just to big for the 12L pot I have, anyway how about the £5 Tesco, Asda, Wilko etc kettle elements.

Just some thoughts:
In general you see powers in the range of 50 to 100Watt per liter wort. For 100 liter that would mean at least 5kW for that amount. I would look for elements with large surface area top avoid scorching the wort.
There are bendable elements that will always fit ;-)

Personally I wouldn't touch Backer, they do a 3 kW kettle element but whilst sold as non automatic still has a trip in it, which trips at between 60-80C. They insist there is no problem with them, which is why they sent replacements on replacements, but I'd rather have one that worked all the time. Brewbuilder 3kW seems good, though if you are drilled out for 40mm you do need to get an adaptor from them as well and with a smaller one as well. You do need both for a good roling boil in a 100 litre boiler.

Latest posts

Back