favourite online shop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebrewer

Reaction score
Hi everyone im a bit new to this does anyone have a favourite online shop?? :hmm:

I use the likes of Hop & Grape, but there are others!

this is probably the wrong section for this question though ;)

Hi thebrewer,

I've moved this topic into the brewing supplies links, as it's a more appropriate place for it, so the info won't get lost :thumb: (pm sent)

I like the Hop and grape and the Hop Shop also. Both have given me very good service :cool:

Cheers vossy, i have been using creativewinemaking website they have really really cheap woodfordes and free delivery on orders over £60 :D

Ross at Craftbrewer :thumb:
Although it's in Aus he has a great selection of hops and service thats unbeatable. I can't fault him in any way. :cheers:

I've used Hop Shop for about 5 years now and I can't fault them.

Just placed a small order with Craftbrewer for a few bits and bobs, and I can see myself using them quite a bit in future.

I wish there was a lhbs in my area (Carlisle). The closest thing we had was a health food shop that closed down recently. And that was pretty useless!

I tend to use whoever has all of the bits I need at that time to justify the p&p.

Hop and Grape get plenty of my 'hard earned' for liquid yeasts, speciality grains etc

I use Barley Bottom for grain, hops, packet yeasts and bar spares (drip trays, beer line and suchlike)

And The Homebrew Centre at Grimsby, mainly for hops

cheers to the other members for recommending some good online shops,i will look them up. :cheers:
my first online purchase with a homebrew company was a disaster,faulty goods and missing items.couldn,t even contact them by phone or email. :nono:

tommycoopers said:
cheers to the other members for recommending some good online shops,i will look them up. :cheers:
my first online purchase with a homebrew company was a disaster,faulty goods and missing items.couldn,t even contact them by phone or email. :nono:

Sorry to hear of your bad experience :(

Wez said:
tommycoopers said:

Sorry to hear of your bad experience :(

As you are in Edinburgh you should pop down and see Davie at Edina Homebrew. Good guy and a real supporter of both the craft brewers and wine makers in the area. :thumb:

Dunfie said:
As you are in Edinburgh you should pop down and see Davie at Edina Homebrew. Good guy and a real supporter of both the craft brewers and wine makers in the area. :thumb:

Agree with this, headed to Edina for the first time the other day and they were great, very helpful indeed.

just got the fasted delivery ever from an online retailer
ordered last night and was on door step when I got home miday
Colchester homebrew
never used them before and will be using more in the future as post was very reasonable too

glad to see that we can post the good guys even though we cant mention the bad ones we will all get to know not to use the ones not mentiond :)

i got nothing to gain from mentioing them as they are miles away ,all I can say is keep up the good work to them

brewuk
can't fault them, great range of gear and ingredients, Greg is extremely helpful if you need advice too.
:cheers:

I agree with nearly all the sentiments mentioned in this thread.
When I’m placing a biggish order, like 25kg of grain, I shop around on the net as I’m sure we all do.
You can then add your smaller bits as the carriage has already been paid.
On the other hand I like to support my LHBS (20 mins away) even though they are more expensive.
Then they are always there when you need them!

Latest posts

Back