Final gravity of 1.012???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Hi there I have brewed a wheat beer with SG of 1056 and it seems to have stopped fermentation as it has been sat at 1012 for a week now, am I ok to bottle this now? I thought the gravity reading had to be at 1006 before bottling.

TIA :hat:

1012 is fine. :thumb:

If you have consistent reading for 2-3 days and it looks like activity has stopped then get it bottled. :thumb:

Normally if it was and ale or a lager I would say to let it settle for a week but as it is a wheat beer then it isn't going to be clear so bottle it.

So, you're Heisenberg as in "Heisenberg uncertainty principal"

This is a succinct statement of the "uncertainty relation" between the position and the momentum (mass times velocity) of a subatomic particle, such as an electron. This relation has profound implications for such fundamental notions as causality and the determination of the future behavior of an atomic particle.

Never mind all that. The certainty is if it has sat at the same gravity for 3 days, it's ready to bottle. :thumb:

Duxuk said:
So, you're Heisenberg as in "Heisenberg uncertainty principal"

I was thinking Breaking Bad when I saw it :whistle: but also agree 1.012 sounds right from that sort of OG :thumb:

I would like to say its Heisenberg after the intelligent explanation but in actual fact it's breaking bad.

Thanks for the replies I will bottle tomorrow

:cheers:

:hat:

Latest posts

Back