First AG (Not Quite!)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's hope so! Won't be quite what I had planned, but as I was only worried about bitterness, I might have got away with it.

I want to get another one on now to do it properly, but that will require some committed drinking to free up some bottle space!

Hope yours goes more smoothly!

Hops, sounds like you've had a better success than me, I had much the same temperature drop when mashing in on my first AG two weeks ago. However, on the second night in the FV I used the heat band on timer when I should have left it and it got to 27c which is beyond the temp range of the US05 I'm using and I'm worried I'll have off flavours. I'll just have to see how it goes, funny a year of doing kits and I do my my first AG and its schoolboy errors left right and centre.

Well I thought I'd messed mine up Larry and it seems to have turned out Ok, so fingers crossed yours does too. The off flavours might condition out, even I there are any?

Had a cheeky try of this on Friday and the Munich is a bit overwhelming! It's still quite flat which probably doesn't help and I'm not sure if the cock up with the mash had an effect, but even the aroma is malt!

Does this mellow out with conditioning?

800g of Munich shouldn't overpower 225g of Galaxy. I'd leave it alone a while and see where it is in a few weeks, if you can.

Back