First AG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temp after mash, and wort for rehydrating yeast. Lesson number two - I cannot lift keg with 32 l of liquid above knee height, let alone to shoulders.....

Cut an 11 1/2 inch circular hole around the top. Very noisy and sparky but pleasing once done.....

3/8 " ball valve tap. 11 1/2 inches measured from centre. Hop strainer but no sight glass. Fantastic diy project!

That might be my next project after I've tried with the burco biab method. sorry for the hijack looks a good set up you have, something similar to what I want mine like.

Not too difficult - hole cutting for tap was done with a Q-Max, angle-grinder to take lid out. Hop strainer is screwfix shrouded hot water tail. Just time consuming!

Just been standing admiring my first attempt. Garage is a cornucopia -smells, steam, industriousness. Wife comes in, says it smells of ****. Strange chaps, women.......

Flame out 2115, off to shop for red wine then back to cool at 2145. Yeast is going mental - you can hear it fizzing from outside the kitchen!

So, 4.65kg maris otter
30g dark malt
33g EKG at 0 mins
33g Styrian at 0 mins
20g Styrian 80 mins
5g gypsum in mash
8g gypsum, 2.75 table salt, 3g Epsom salts in boil water
90 min mash at 66°c
90 min boil
Safale s-04 rehydrated in wort at 27°c, pitched at 20.8°c
OG1.038 (a bit low - think I over did it with the second batch sparge)
The waiting begins......

Latest posts

Back