First time water treatment...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palmer is American and for some reason the Americans seem to have different parameters than us, especially concerning British beers :whistle:

Just get the PH level right, a good calcium level, at least 200, then the right suphate:chloride ratio. The problem with Murphy's is they are trying to sell their products. If you want a reliable unbiased report contact wallybrew at Phoenix analytical.

I've done a lot of research over the past few weeks, but when it comes to practical application I've had the best results with Strange Steve's simple water treatment thread. It's very easy and tempting to over complicate things, but (for me at least) I reckon the simple approach is best.

I've done a lot of research over the past few weeks, but when it comes to practical application I've had the best results with Strange Steve's simple water treatment thread. It's very easy and tempting to over complicate things, but (for me at least) I reckon the simple approach is best.

That is what I'm saying, start with PH then think about the rest. But a good report will go a long way. Murphy's are not the best and local water board reports are generic and based on an area only.

That is what I'm saying, start with PH then think about the rest. But a good report will go a long way. Murphy's are not the best and local water board reports are generic and based on an area only.

The water sample analysis they provide must be accurate since it's done in a lab? I get their recommendations for treatment aren't great tho.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
wow trying to follow this but it seems like so many difference of opinions, from the guys that do the reports and the guys that advise on how the water should be,
someone said in another post about adding a campden tablet, i think thats about my limit, :oops::oops:

The water sample analysis they provide must be accurate since it's done in a lab? I get their recommendations for treatment aren't great tho.

I have never had their report it's what I have read in other places. My only dealings with Murphy's was to buy sulphuric acid off them a few years back. I was warned at the time to test the strength as others had found it different to what was stated on the bottle and it was, lack of confidence there. Also the salts they sell tend to be a blend of salts all you really need are gypsum and calcium chloride which work out a lot cheaper than their brand.

Latest posts

Back