Football Season 2022/23.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With half the season gone who will win this season's Premier League?

• Arsenal

• Manchester City

• Manchester United

• Newcastle

• Other - pleast post in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.
1681844322706.png

An absolute disgrace and players should give their fans their money back, comments from the commentators at half time.

Half time -

Newcastle 5-0 Tottenham

Spurs fans are put out of their misery for 15 minutes.

Newcastle fans give a huge cheer at half-time. What a performance.

I wasn't expecting that when they kicked off, 606 is going to be interesting at 18:30 tonight.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiure.JPG

I was gutted when he left but so glad to see him back and doing so well.

Last edited:
The managers are not calling it the deciding match of the season but i feel whoever wins this will go on to win the league.

rrrrrrrrrrre.JPG

TEAM NEWS

Manchester City's only injury concern is defender Nathan Ake, who missed his side's FA Cup semi-final win because of a hamstring issue.

Pep Guardiola could give a start to Phil Foden, who returned to action on Saturday after more than a month out.

Arsenal defender William Saliba remains sidelined with the back problem that has plagued him for five weeks.

Midfielder Granit Xhaka faces a fitness test after missing Friday's draw with Southampton due to illness.

Chris Sutton - (Prediction: 3-1)

I am very confident with my prediction for this game - the only thing I wasn't sure about was whether Arsenal would score.

The Gunners are playing this match at one of the worst possible moments because City have found their rhythm and are hitting some incredible form.

I really hope Arsenal are brave and take the game to City because the Gunners' attack is their strength, but in many ways that will play into the home side's hands.

Head-to-head

• Arsenal have lost 11 consecutive top-flight games to Manchester City, their longest losing streak versus any opponent in the club's league history.
  • Pep Guardiola's City side have won all six Premier League home matches against Arsenal by an aggregate score of 17-3.
  • The Gunners have scored just three goals in 10 previous league meetings.
  • City have beaten Arsenal twice this season and are seeking a hat-trick of wins against the Gunners in a single campaign for the third time in five years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65319949

Team news -

Riyad Mahrez, who scored a hat-trick in the FA Cup semi-final win over Sheffield United, drops to the bench as Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola makes five changes to the side that started at Wembley.

Ederson, Ruben Dias, John Stones, Rodri and Kevin de Bruyne all return.

As well as Mahrez, Stefan Ortega, Aymeric Laporte, Sergio Gomez and Julian Alvarez also drop to the bench.

One change for Arsenal from the side that started the 3-3 draw with Southampton last Friday.
Granit Xhaka is back for Fabio Vieira, who is on the bench.
The Gunners have the best away record in the Premier League after taking 36 points from a possible 48 on the road.

'We cannot deny how important it is'

Man City v Arsenal (20:00 BST)

74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to BT Sport: "We are calm. Nothing much to say. Go out there and do your best.

"The defensive structure is for everyone to try to help. We defend all together in high pressing and we defend deep all together. We try to have the ball as much as possible to try to score goals.

"Everyone has seen Arsenal this season. They are strong in all departments. In set pieces, transitions, ball possession, build up with four or with three and Zinchenko inside, the runs from Martinelli and Saka.

"We cannot deny h

Last edited:
5 Live breakfast.
Arsenal fans phoning in saying they don't understand why they were so bad, I don't think they were bad I don't think many teams would have been able to stop KDB and Harland from scoring last night it could have been 6, their keeper was their best player last night.

Last edited:
It is 100 years since 300,000 football fans descended on Wembley to see Bolton Wanderers become the first team to win the FA Cup.

1682882342261.png

Pundits predicted Arsenal would run out of steam and it looks like they were right.

Manchester City only need to win one of the last three games to take the title.

ggggre.JPG

kkke.JPG

Latest posts

Back